Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take your word for it.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He must mean that in a relative sense.

Comment

• Eight words, but strong work, Hack. Doff of the cap to ya.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's yet to be demonstrated that 10-15 years of Hoke is worth more than 7 years of Pope Urban, despite Liney's insistence that Hoke is Saban's equal.

Comment

• Hatfield or McCoy, means very little, the missing genes are the crux of your mental deficiency.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I would just like to wish our Buckeye friends a Happy Jim Tressel Day. First anniversary of the confirmation of his embarrassment. I know I'll enjoy today.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                I would just like to wish our Buckeye friends a Happy Jim Tressel Day. First anniversary of the confirmation of his embarrassment. I know I'll enjoy today.
                Do we light votive candles in paper bags and place them along our driveways and/or sidewalks to honor the day of his "taking the sword" for Gene Genie and Gordo GeeWhiz? Or is there a better way, like fireworks and bonfires?

Help me out here, Talent--- I don't want to get this one wrong!
                Last edited by Rob F; May 28, 2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• I think we all wear crosses as he died for the sins of Buckeye Nation. He will resurrect on the third year to dot the "i".

Comment

• Which "i" ?

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• It's pointless to consult any Bucknut on the matter, according to their fable, Jim Tressel is guilty of nothing more than a faulty email client. May Microsoft be damned.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't blame M fans for celebrating the departure of Coach Tressel after the assramming they took from him. Unfortunately for the Boys of Yost, The Flagship actually UPGRADED! To wit:

If Tressel's departure only serves to open the door for Urban Meyer, I will be totally pissed. Fickell must have moderate "Rich Rod" success as the new HC in order to tie OSU's hands for 3 years or so...... If in the end if it only meant trading Tressel for Meyer (best coach in the game) the Big Ten is gonna take a beating!
                        There, there, boys -- it's ok to be afraid. LOL.

Comment

• Talent posted before Meyer took the job that he thought Tressel was the superior coach. Anyone with advanced search skills able to find that quote? Would be useful at these times.

Comment

• The Outlook Conspiracy -How Bill Gates destroyed the Ohio St. football program.

To Forum Factotum: you need to get a life. Although flattered, I rarely even read "fresh" Bucknut droppings that pollute this thread.

Thanks to the brave work of Matt Hayes et al., Urban F'wad Meyer as been exposed as an utter fraud, at that particular time, I was in a most generous mood and saw no need to pile on. In retrospection , F'wad will likely feast on the little 8 provided he is able to stay one step ahead of NCAA investigators but when it comes to Michigan and the Renaissance under Hoke, Blue will be more than equal to the task.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 29, 2012, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Hack:

I'll help you out this one time b/c you're amongst the few who will actually chat and shit. I'm sure I said I thought Coach Tressel was a perfect fit for OSU. I'm sure I said I thought that UFM would have an extremely difficult time matching Tressel's uber-successes. Honestly, I don't think I would have said Tressel is a better coach than UFM, though -- just better for OSU.

Early returns indicate I was wrong with respect to the former. I underestimated UFM. However, that's only recruiting-wise. We'll see how they do on the field.

I still don't think UFM will match Coach Tressel's dominant run of success. You won't see 7 B10 titles in 9 years (especially with CCG) and I doubt he'll beat M 9 out of 10. That said, I do think UFM will field slightly more talented, slightly better teams. I think next year's team is going to be fantabulously good.

Comment

• " I think next year's team is going to be fantabulously good."

Only to be wasted as being totally irrelevant to the national scene. Last game in November. I know'.....I know..The UM game is your "bowl game". The chant of losers if there ever was one.

Comment

Working...
                                X