Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And there you have it.

Its all about winning.

Just win, baby.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      And there you have it.

Its all about winning.

Just win, baby.
      We deserve to be punished. It's not about that. It's about our ability to overcome the difficulties of probation and I believe we are better situated to do that than most teams. Just as USC is.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Back to USC; with their expected 'tiny' '12 recruiting class, expect to see Miles/Saban type ways of creating attrition by Kiffin to open up scholarships.
        Don't you think that might come at the expense of solid, quality depth, though? I see the point you're making, but they're going to be awfully thin when it comes to skilled players.

Sounds familiar to me (see Michigan '07-'10). Without all the rule-breaking, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          We deserve to be punished. It's not about that. It's about our ability to overcome the difficulties of probation and I believe we are better situated to do that than most teams. Just as USC is.
          Okay.

Now we're getting somewhere.

Lets go for another biggie.

Should Jim Tressel step up and admit that he deliberately mis-led the NCAA regarding what the players did, in order to keep them eligible? Your answer will categorize where you are, in the world of OSU fans.

Comment

• I may be wrong, but did not delany and the bigten back osu up before Christmas to get the tat5 in their bowl game?

Comment

• yes, Delany... presumably with assurances from the Gee/Smith/'Vest triumvirate lobbied for O-state .... looks like an idiot now. At least the rest of the country know what we know.
              Last edited by Pasadena Blue; April 5, 2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• And I wouldn't shed a tear if this caused Delany to have to resign as well.

Comment

• Hey, this has all been obvious since the Reynolds incident. Honor? Morals? None of these things mean even 1% to Ohio State. Win at ALL costs. Win at ANY cost. Nothing else matters.

It's a great message to young men. What you do, no matter how underhanded or dirty it is, is fine as long as you win. The ends justify all means. Choke a QB? Break some ankles in the pile? Lie to the NCAA? It's all good baby, because we won a lot of football games.

Comment

• Looks like I should've jumped on my idea.

Comment

• Re DSL's implication that tressel's actions are not a big deal relatively speaking .....

I think jt's crimes will rate right up there with the worst in CFB history unless there is stuff we don't know about that truly does mitigate them.

If the evidence supports that there is a pattern of behavior at osu under tressel - and you can absolutely count on the fact that the NCAA will be looking at this just like they did with StretchGate and RR and his time at WVU - if the evidence supports that tressel knew about play for pay schemes and did not report them in order to keep top players eligible to gain or preserve a competitive advantage - osu is going to get hammered and deservedly so.

This is a big deal and I don't say this just because I'm a Michigan fan that hates osu and always have well before the current circumstance. I say it because this is exactly what the NCAA has in mind - keeping programs from gaining the upper hand by purposely creating a lot of gray area or breaking rules out right and then concealing it - when it comes to enforcement. The concept is in their charter.

I do agree with you, DSL, that osu is in a good position to rise from the ashes and I really do believe that the NCAA does not want to SMU osu no matter how bad tressel and maybe his bosses have behaved.

But, damn, I'm going to enjoy the next decade ..... the one it is pretty likely that osu is going to have to give back to Michigan and the rest of the B10.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That shirt's overdone. Just the front-side would be fine, but the back is way too busy. I still think there's room for you, JD. I like Tattoo U better than that concept anyways.

Comment

• Onward Christian soldiers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                            Hey, this has all been obvious since the Reynolds incident. Honor? Morals? None of these things mean even 1% to Ohio State. Win at ALL costs. Win at ANY cost. Nothing else matters.

It's a great message to young men. What you do, no matter how underhanded or dirty it is, is fine as long as you win. The ends justify all means. Choke a QB? Break some ankles in the pile? Lie to the NCAA? It's all good baby, because we won a lot of football games.
                            So when Michigan players take cheap shots or get called for personal fouls, are you telling me it's because the coaches encouraged it or told them to do it?

Comment

• Name some times when Michigan players have taken some cheap shots.

We're talking about the ones that are obvious. When Will Smith tried to break Chris Perry's leg, everyone on the west side of the stadium saw it, except for the guys in the striped shirts. They even showed it on the video boards.

When Reynolds tried to choke out Wisconsin's QB, it was shown on national TV, and Tressel tried to soft-soap it.

David Boston FINALLY caught a TD pass over Charles Woodson, and as he went into the endzone, turned and taunted him. That was on national television.

There was a time, not long ago, when the Ohio State football coach would have tossed a kid off the team for doing such things. Woody Hayes was a hated man in Michigan, but he strongly believed in playing by the rules, and taught his players to do the same. Woody was the one who turned in MSU for cheating back in the 70's. He couldn't stand cheaters.

If Woody Hayes knew what Jim Tressel did, he'd sock him in the nose, for embarrassing the university, and bringing shame to the program he worked so hard to build.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOmGMGUDPbk"]YouTube - Shawn Crable Hit on Troy Smith[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X