Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I don't give a shit if there is an asterisk next to Tressel's victories. I want scholarship penalties so that we've got a better chance to win. Plain and simple. I fear that OSU will get off easy by firing Tressel and vacating some victories.
    Just win, baby. Just win.

Comment

• Nah. We're not as good at cheating as OlieO is ..
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I appreciate DSL showing up here and taking the ration he has to take ......

Among osu fans, in including the good doctor, the feeling must be something like Saddam experienced while standing on the gallows before his inquisitors waiting for the trap door to snap open.

The "death" of osu is imminent.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Great mail bag piece at mgoblog where Brian responds to an osu fan that constructs a scenario where Hoke and DR are involved. Does an excellent job of distinguishing exactly why tressel is going to get hammered by the NCAA.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That's the same guy who stood behind Rich Rod and disparaged Hoke, yes?

Comment

• The guy who started all the "more to come" rumors about OSU is now backing off

Comment

• Yes, good on DSL but I wouldn't mind if his points were a bit more sensible. Difficult given the horse he's backing, but c'mon already...

Comment

• The problem is, the NCAA stuck their foot in this mess when they approved Tressel's "punishment" to the five players, by "suspending them as long as they promise to come back" crapola.

With the revelation that Tressel knew about this for nearly a year, and lied to the NCAA in order to keep them eligible, is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

The NCAA is in the position of allowing Tressel's "punishments" to stand as "sufficient", or going back to revisit, and then deciding how much they like being lied to.

My guess is, O-lie-O finds a way to wiggle out of it, due to their NCAA connections with Gee and Tressel. They are the fair haired children of the NCAA, and are likely to escape pretty much unscathed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    How many of those 57 wins were in your own lifetime? 30 of them came before 1950. OSU is as dominant today as Fielding Yost was back when he employed ringers and semi-professionals in a most unsporting manner

Today is April 16th, 2011
                    It's been 2,702 days (7 years, 147 days) since Michigan last beat Ohio State - GO BUCKS!

I imagine there are many high school football players today who can't remember a Michigan win.

Comment

• ....or a legitimate O-state win.

Clarett...... Smith.....Pryor ---- time for the NCAA to fill in the dots --- lucky for O-state, they probably won't.

Comment

• I imagine there are many high school football players today who can't remember a Michigan win.
                        Well, if they're smarter than the average Schmucknut, they should remember the 2003 Michigan win quite well. They were probably 8-9 years old.

And, of course, Pasadena makes a highly valid point.

Comment

• I don't give a shit if there is an asterisk next to Tressel's victories. I want scholarship penalties so that we've got a better chance to win.
                          Don't water down the competition, rise to it and excel. If U-M is ever going to have a shot at a national championship again, the conference has to remain strong and they have to play opponents that are well ranked. This is U-M not Boise State.
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• We no longer have the option to keep it that simple though I admire the sentiment.

Comment

• well there's a fair bit of smoke on the older stuff but doesn't seem to be fire yet. Ultimately what's good for the conference is good for the members. The Big 10-12 will never get respect against the SEC unless the level of competition rises. That should include a healthy scandal free OSu
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Michigan does just fine against the SEC.

I guess its time for other conference members to step up.

Comment

Working...
                                X