Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry if I was asking too much, what with you being a Buckeye and all. Carry on drooling on your keyboard then, and I will continue to grant you the favor of interpreting your babble. You are welcome.

Comment

• After-the-fact sass is for the pitiful.
      True. You usually disappear after any sort of OSU humiliation so the sass doesn't quite have the desired effect.

Comment

• Yost's hire was significant in that he was the first 'professional coach' in the B1G. Other schools had coaches that were also lecturers/professors. Yost didn't stray into the classroom and Michigan was given a 10-year exile because of it. Worth remembering then that nearly half his career was spent coaching an Independent.

Fritz Crisler has to be thrown out there as a joke. He was no more significant the conference's history than Lloyd Carr. Red Grange did more to put the B1G on the map. As did Bernie Bierman (already mentioned by talent), Bob Zuppke, Henry Williams, and of course, Amos Alonzo Stagg.

Comment

• BTW, made official today that San Diego State will replace Vanderbilt next year, but not as the opener.

Comment

• Praise Jeebers!

Really, this should have been obvious when Urban Meyer agreed to become Ohio State's head coach: Tim Tebow was going to start rooting for Ohio State. Tebow and Meyer have a very close relationship. Tebow and Meyer did special things … Continue reading →

Comment

• :::vomits:::
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh my ... the great Urban and the mighty Tebow too? ...

we're doooomed ....
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Father Urban and Brother Tebow

Mountains will crumble and seas will part...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DSL, I bet, just Sharted.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Heh......

Comment

• Fritz Crisler had 2 signature wins that shook up establishment thinking, back before most of you people were born.

The first was a shocking and totally unaticipated shellacking of legendary ND 32-20 in 1942. I know, this means nothing here but it shook the world back then and destroyed the dominant narrative of the Irish of Knute Rockne fame.

The other was perhaps the most dramatic conquest of the era, 58-6! (for you bucknuts, look it up) Crisler's name will always be recognized because of those two earth shaking accomplishments. This is when UM emerged from the worship of the ND-Army culture that dominated the later war years.

For me, Crisler resides in the pantheon of the greatest CFB coaches. He put UM back on the map as a national force after more than a lost decade following Yost's retirement.

You have to measure it by the impact it had at that time.

Comment

• All fair points. But he's not an all-time conference great. I could think of at least 3 OSU coaches who were massively important to OSU, but who wouldn't rate amongst Hayes, Yost, Bo, etc.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He had an impact on Michigan. He did not have as significant or lasting an impact on the B1G or national scene as Yost, Stagg, Bierman, Hayes, or Schembechler. The thing he's most remembered for is bringing Princeton's helmets to Michigan.

Comment

• You Nebraska fans that are following this conversation ..... do you understand things about M vs O a little bit better now? .....
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ....ummm...I'm guessing you two don't like each other...or something?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X