Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, Jeff.

Its also a defining moment for osu.

Do they offer full cooperation with the NCAA in an effort to get to the truth, or do they play legal games in the courts, to either delay or end the investigation thru legal means?

Do they gracefully accept whatever punishment is in store, and then put safeguards in place to make sure this doesn't happen again?

After the "practicegate" crapola at Michigan, coaches can't even pick a booger without someone reporting it to the Compliance Officer. EVERYBODY is walking on eggshells nowadays.

OhNo is going to have to change the way they do business. Plain and simple.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ... and I agree with Herbstreit.

They've got to stop recruiting the wrong kinds of players.

Comment

• ...huddled with advisers from the school's legal department, trying to find a way to keep Tressel. We'll know shortly, if osu has enough slick lawyers to pull this thing off...

Is this why we haven't seen Talent for a while...?
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• One Buckeye I've always liked is Chris Spielman. He was right when he said that Michigan didn't hold up their end of the rivalry. I did not take offense to his comments about the Michigan defense last year. But this morning he said that he thought that Tressel's motives were pure in covering up and lying because he cares for his players. Bullshit! Tressel has had the stink of cheating following him around since his Youngstown St. days. It's about time that his true character has been revealed.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think you and I agree on calling a spade a spade, Rocky. Tressel is a liar deserving of no quarter in the mess he has created for osu and CFB.

I am sick of hearing excuses for and rationalizations of his behavior.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ....... and in the sports news this morning as well as for the last 24 hours, osu continues to get hammered.

The strategy of hiding under a rock and hoping the shit storm would die down apparently isn't working. I was shocked this morning listening to Rivals Radio's Bill King who thinks tressel survives this. He's a pretty sharp guy and a good observer of happenings in CFB. I disagree with him but there are plenty of folks who think he will.

IMO, those that do are living in a world where they can't let go of the strong believes they have in what he should have been representing; they are unable to face the bitter truth that jim tressel is not the man they thought he was.

Another interesting observation/commentary I have seen floating around is that gee and smith both knew about the tat5 situation noting that gee is way too smart to not have known despite disclaimers that he would not be involved in details like this. In knowing, if this is true, osu as an institution conspired to evade NCAA penalties they deserved and a avoid a weakening of their football program (say, damaging the ability to win).

I think it is possible this happened but there is no proof, YET, that it did. The politicos within the NCAA could very well be offering osu a plea bargain: fire tressel and we won't disclose what really happened. The logic of this approach is sound. osu wants to save its tarnished reputation by having tressel go down in flames; the NCAA gets a boost by keeping some really dirty shit involving CFB from hitting the fan.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                One Buckeye I've always liked is Chris Spielman. He was right when he said that Michigan didn't hold up their end of the rivalry. I did not take offense to his comments about the Michigan defense last year. But this morning he said that he thought that Tressel's motives were pure in covering up and lying because he cares for his players. Bullshit! Tressel has had the stink of cheating following him around since his Youngstown St. days. It's about time that his true character has been revealed.
                If he had punished them maybe. Tressel put the work of the REST of the team at risk, the wins they worked hard for are likely to be vacated.

Tressel maybe should stop caring so much for the stars, and start caring for the rest of the team too.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Can't say it scares me too much if Fickell becomes the coach right now. A guy who has spent almost his entire playing and coaching career at one school without ever being a coordinator is a hugely risky move. That would be similar to Michigan having hired Brady Hoke in about 2003. I'd be a lot more scared if OSU hires Dantonio away from MSU. Then there's Urban Meyer, of course, but I don't think he's coming back to coaching.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; April 26, 2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• LMAO at the raw sewage being spewed.

Tressel's a good man who did a dumb thing and will be punished for it. He broke no laws but did violate NCAA rules by not reporting his players when they violated a debatably stupid rule.

Jeffrey is down on his knees praying that OSU will somehow be destroyed through all this, never to recover. This is the best chance Michigan has to rise back to respectability. I fear his hopes will be in vain.

And this one incident does not immediately validate every wild claim ever made about Tressel, no matter how rabid his haters get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      LMAO at the raw sewage being spewed.

Tressel's a good man who did a dumb thing and will be punished for it.
                      Hah hah. You honestly think this

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        No, I think he's on par with Hitler and Bernie Madoff, like you and Jeff do. :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          Although at least you admit the main reason you hate him is he keeps beating Michigan like a drum.

Others babble about how they only care for the pristine nature of college athletics, ruined forever by one callous sociopath.

Comment

• Got give you credit DSL. The one thing I like about you is you don't come here with the F this and F you attitude. You take your shot whether we agree with it or not and you move on.

Comment

• Tressel may be a "good man" in other ways. But, he has now proven that when it comes to running his football program, he's just like any other coach whose eye is focused solely on winning. SeattleLionsFan makes an excellent observation when he said that Tressel needs to stop caring so much for the "stars" in his program, and think about the rest of the team. If Tressel were truly the man of integrity that Bucknut fans have led us to believe, he would have taken the following steps:

1. Investigate to see if what was reported to him was true. Finding that it was true he should have:

2. Reported his findings to the university President and Athletic Director. Then .. he should have ..

3. Tossed the 5 offending players off the team. Good bye. You did wrong, you placed our program in jeopardy of NCAA sanctions, and embarrassed yourselves, our school and our fans.

4. Submitted their findings to the NCAA. Throw open the door to NCAA investigators so that they could conduct an unencumbered investigation to the entire OhNo program, to be sure that they were compliant in all other areas.

5. Let all remaining players, and future recruits know that any actions like this will be dealt with in the same way.

But ..

Instead.. OSU is him-hawing around, trying to find a way to do damage control, keep the coach, keep the players, .. and minimize what the players did.

If they only knew how stupid they look right now.

Comment

• Did Boren add any tattoos that said "Family Values" while there?

Comment

Working...
                                X