Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .... seriously, Hack, I'm no osu fan but ufm and his people aren't paying recruits.

Even the vest didn't do that ...... he just left it up to his Capos.

Give urban a break.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fortunately these matters are settled on the gridiron and not determined by an arbitrary and capricious aggregated list tucked in Talent's pocket.

FWI Scout has Michigan's recruiting class ranked #1 in nation. Addition of Green, (#1 ranked back in the land) should solidify top billing. EIB!

Stay up to date with all the college football recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Just regular discourse, Jeff. Settle down.

Comment

• Fortunately these matters are settled on the gridiron
          Indeed, OP. Ohio State fairs even better on the gridiron against M. At least in this Century.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Every time I hear something like that I ``sports hate'' the University of Michigan's leadership and management a little more.

Comment

• Heh.

FYI, Oracle, on the OSU forums I frequent, there are gripe threads about raising ticket prices.

Comment

• Isn't the home schedule going to basically be garbage too? You're asking somebody for $1,000 or more to see OSU play a bunch of probably unranked teams.

Comment

• I haven't followed it closely, Hanni. I don't know what they're going to do. I vaguely recall hearing about a potential move to "premium" pricing for games -- i.e., M costs more than Florida A&M.

But, you're right -- with the B10 in its current state, there isn't much to get excited about. Penn State and Wisconsin are both home games, but that's it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    The punchline of the opening scene was utterly brilliant, yes. Then it just went on forever. Episode 2 was better. I imagine I'll be hooked, but I'm worried about my wife. This is a ploy to get us off our computers, because neither of us are TV people. We are internet addicts instead.
                    This scene from Episode 2 is what hooked me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1HUlTKvDUI"]The Wire - Season 1, Playing Chess - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Yeah, that's just brilliant.

Comment

• I'll have to check that show out.

My wife and I are watching Girls right now. Hilarious show.

Comment

• Somewhere around episode 4 or 5 I couldn't stop watching. Roughly around the "fuck" scene. I think I plowed through the entire series in 3 weeks.
                          Last edited by iam416; January 23, 2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• They don't call this the best show ever by a wide margin for nothing. That's why I'm trying it...

Comment

• The people who like The Wire are fanatical about it. By and large, if you watched all 5 seasons, you're an unapologetic Wire Is The Greatest person.

For me, it's the greatest 60+ hours ever put to film. The depth of the show is off the charts. And nothing put to film has ever portrayed a city with as much unflinching honesty. At bottom, it's a show about Baltimore and mostly the shit that make it fucked up.

Anyway, I even learned how to make pit beef and tiger sauce because of the show -- a happy incidental benefit, I might add -- delicious!

Comment

• That sounds like an interesting recipe yet somehow I'm not in a rush to try it. We'll see when I get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X