Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come-on, DSL ......

Adolph Hitler built a propaganda machine that created an image of himself that the German's would step up and die for.

Pretty much what tress and his people have done. He's idolized by ohioans. Even though the Emperor has been seen naked, the Holy Grail found to be a fake, it makes no difference to those that love him. I can understand that.

That's fine ..... in the end, all of this, an accurate perception or not, is going to bring the osu football program down a peg or two, or three, make it tough for osu and easy pickings for a lot of programs in the B10, from recruiting to playing on Saturday. Every osu coach, especially tressel if he stays, is going to be looked upon with suspicion when they walk into a big time recruits home and sit down with his parents and talk about playing for osu. osu is going to get negged by every school which is competing for ohio's and the nation's top recruits. Every opening story on every game telecast will replay the tressmess; instead of looking on osu as a great team, they'll look upon it with disdain. It's going to be ugly no matter what happens with tressel or the NCAA.

All I can say is whatever happens to tressel, whatever happens to the bucknutz as a team, they better win football games because that is going to be the only cure for this in the short term. With all the turmoil, all the "drama' as Rich use to say, that's going to be tall order.

You have to know how much I am enjoying this.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 27, 2011, 08:13 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      Gene Smith didn't deviate far from the truth when he said that JT has more power to fire him than the other way around. That statement a month or so back by Gene Smith told me everything, they are going to let JT decide if he wants to stay. In doing so, the punishments by the NCAA are only going to be more severe and this will only get messier.

of course...if you actually had your facts straight...nahh..scUMers need not worry about facts...

Comment

• No doubt you are enjoying it. Which will make the win in Ann Arbor all the more sweet. You will scratch you chin, wipe away the tears, and wonder just WHAT will it TAKE?

I doubt many will find us "easy pickins"

Comment

• Just win baby....... oh god, that line again. Seems to be coming up.

Comment

• New theory.... Gee and Co. are now in negotiations with the NCAA. They want all this stuff to go away, and are using Sweatervest as a poker chip trying to bargain for reduced sanctions and other actions if they get rid of him.

I really expected either that Sweatervest would be gone a day or two after the NCAA letter came down, or that they would defend him to the fullest. The lack of info and silence from OSU right now leads me to believe they are in a 'plea bargain' mode with the NCAA. Just a theory.......

Comment

• You responded immediately to the question, but with another question. You didn't forget the question.

Comment

• Honestly, if OSU gets off only losing the 2010 season and Tressel, it will be a HUGE win for them. That almost seems like the way the NCAA is setting things up to go as well with their failure to charge OSU with lack of institutional control. The NCAA basically set up Tressel as the fall-guy and is seeing what OSU will do with it.

Comment

• I agree with your read on it Jamie, and that's a real shame if that's how it goes down. If it really is so, hopefully Gee and Smith are too stupid or arrogant to put it together.

That Herbstreit clip is really something. He wimps out on the Fire Tressell? question, but his characterisation of fans down there speaks volumes with what it says and what it implies.

Comment

• I'd agree with that Jamie... NCAA did really give OlieO a way out of this. Fire St. Jim and all will be well. Hold on to him and....... well, we still have that hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                      You responded immediately to the question, but with another question. You didn't forget the question.
                      How about just reposing the question? I will answer it right now

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                        You responded immediately to the question, but with another question. You didn't forget the question.
                        I've gone back and looked at all your posts from the past couple days and I still don't know what you're talking about. Is it the question asking for evidence of Tressel's good character? You only asked this once as far as I can tell, not multiple times, and I already responded. I pointed you in the direction of all his charity work and visits to troops overseas.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

You want more than that, try www.google.com. It's nifty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          People don't go out of their way to compliment someone else in the press just to be "gracious".
                          Uh...sure they do. You think he's just going to call JT a piece of shit in front of the national media? C'mon. Coaches make sure their speeches are as PC as possible the vast majority of the time. They are MUCH more likely to compliment someone than degrade them; particularly in a situation like this where Hoke is just getting settled in as head coach.
                          What's the difference between an OSU grad and a park bench? A park bench can support a family of four.

Comment

• Actually ..... I hope he stays. Kevin Noon, a graduate of osu and publisher of BuckeyeGrove.com said: ?The biggest tragedy of the whole situation was if he got fired,? Noon said. ?Knowing him and knowing his family, I?d like to see him be able to get out in front of this.

In 10 seasons at Ohio State, Jim Tressel, with the help of the news media, has cultivated an image as college football’s Mr. Rogers. In reality, Tressel is simply another win-at-all-cost boss.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• OK .... let's look at this. Why SHOULD jim tressel stay?

Obviously, and IMO, the guy should be tarred, feathered and ridden out of town. He's a disgrace to the CFB world as I see it.

But then there is this pity thing. I don't know jt from Adam. Noon probably does. Seems that a lot of ohioans love the guy so much they are willing to forgive and forget. I can understand the sentiment. I don't agree with it but I understand it. I put accountability ahead of emotions driven by the heart and if the university and gee are to take a proper stand on this, they will too. But .......

Shit happens. I'm preparing for the outrage when it all turns out that tressel stays and the NCAA levies a few additional and essentially meaningless sanctions. That's going to hurt recruiting but M took that gamut with the timing of the Hoke hire and its entirely possible osu is seeing the firing of tressel as more damaging long term than the potential benefit of keeping him ..... taking pity on the liar hoping, in the long run, he's going to "get out in front of this." Interesting but dangerous gamut IMO.

Comment

• "A lack of integrity has a ripple effect." -- Jim Tressel, The Winner's Manual

Comment

Working...
                                X