Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, I'm sure all of you are on pins and needles for results from my first sprint duathlon. Well, it was a good start as I cracked the first running leg at 6 flat pace. I then fumbled through the transition and gave away whatever lead I had. I thought, that's ok, bike is my strength. Well, I did a nice ride -- 22.9 average for 17 miles, but 3 guys totally drilled the ride -- 1 at 24.5 the other 2 at 23.5. So, more fumbling through transition, and home with a solid run at 6:24 pace. 2nd on 1st run; 3rd on 2nd run and 5th on the bike, but the bike (and transition) was enough to see me fall to 4th overall. I'm sure you're all massively disappointed, but I assure you, I'll do better next time.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can still run a 6:00 mile, impressive provided there were 4 or more participants in the race. What is the total distance bike/run?

Last, any idea when your CFB pool will be active and slate up? Only reason, I have a few guys that want in and I will be out of the country for the last 2 weeks of August in the Exumas, "I'm talkin' sandy beaches, umbrella drinks and dirty, naked party freaks."

As you know, I usually finish on the medal podium and expect this year to be no different, need to get my analytics completed early this year, any idea?

Tri- Miami Sprint Duathlon
      : Run 1 Mile, Bike 10 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles

Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 5, 2013, 02:33 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It was a bit f'd up. It was supposed to be 2-12-2. That's a standard Sprint Duathlon. The modified the first run morning of race to 1.2 miles. The bike was changed to 17 because a bridge was under construction. So, 1.2-17-2. I thought that would work out for me because I had bike pegged as a strength. WRONG!

I'll probably do another 2 of Sprints so I can get rated by the US Tri organization. Then I'll move up to Olympics -- 5K-40K-10K.

I have no idea how many people are doing the Miami thing. It will be a pancake flat course, so with a decent field of competers to go along with hordes of completers, I'd say for that course you'll need 6 minutes, 25 minutes, 18.5 minutes to podium. So, that's a really strong bike time. If I were doing it, I'd target it at 6-26-20 + transition time. I don't think that would be good enough.

Comment

• No Talent, I meant finishing in the money in your CFB pool.

I doubt I'd put up those Duathlon numbers anyway.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 5, 2013, 07:02 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Will get CFB stuff out this week or early next.

Comment

• Very good.

Besides I genuinely prefer the universal athletic metric in pro sport for sense of accomplishment, self-worth.......cash, cars & trophy women just ask Deion Sanders. In the end do you think he will remember his freshman 40 at FSU or a boudoir full of bitches?

Are you serious about Olympic race , 5-40-10 range would be hell.

Comment

• I'd like to congratulate Meyer for his outward appearance of being tough on violence against women (with a caveat) stance, 3 games against OOC cupcakes will be a lesson hard learned.

Glad to see NC State take this shit seriously.

NC State RB charged with misdemeanor assault of a female
                http://tracking.si.com/2013/08/04/nc...?sct=cf_t2_a12

Comment

• What is it with guys hitting women? I mean not just athletes, but men in general?

I've never even approached a level of anger toward any woman I've ever known, to want to hit her. Even when I was still drinking, I never became violent toward women. I always liked finding other ways of "getting even" with women that "did me wrong". One thing I did was start making advances toward her best friends. If one took the bait .. I had my revenge ... :-)
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well Liney, I agree.

I just read Meyer's latest book, "How to hit a woman without actually having to hit her"....there you will likely find the answers you seek.

Comment

• Guffaw. From Life Promises to How to Hit a Woman -- the OSU coach self-help genre is a rich vein of life experiences to be mined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                        Well Liney, I agree.

I just read Meyer's latest book, "How to hit a woman without actually having to hit her"....there you will likely find the answers you seek.
                        Is that a sequel to the autobiographical book he wrote based on life at UF, titled 'How to Hit On College Coeds Without Actually Having To Admit It To Your Wife' ? I don't know if it's still in print and available on Amazon.com or your nearest bookstore, but I'm sure that it will be full of answers for those who might have "how to" questions on that subject matter. Shouldn't be hard to find a used copy cheap somewhere if your local library doesn't have access.

Comment

• I dunno, Rob.

A lot probably depends on how attractive the co-eds are at OlieO.

It may not be a good sign that even the mighty and esteemed Mr. Talent ESQ. had to reach out to a Michigan grad for companionship ....
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's left the state before, obviously, and knows that in the outside world women have more teeth usually.

Comment

• Well, well, well.....move over Johnny Football, looks like OSU's Miller got in on the act.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/osu-qb-...33--ncaaf.html

Comment

• LOL. All the schools with actual star players are doing it. SC did with Clowney, e.g.

Unfortunately for you, M has no star players.

Comment

Working...
                                X