Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they'll be fine. Hard to get motivated playing Buffalo.

Comment

• They'll grow up a lot in-season too, much rather play Ohio in early October than the end of November.

Comment

• They will be same-old, same-old by the end of November.

Nothing ever changes with them
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Very enthusiastic about the offense. Defense makes me nervous
          You have good reason to be nervous and then some.

Had to record the game, still on vacation, manged to watch it this am. Damn does Urban Meyer ever look like hell and his team looked like shit.

Medically something appears to be very wrong with him, either guilt over the Aaron Hernandez charade or that mysterious esophageal/rectal flareup has knocked the stuffing out him. Surprised if he lasts the season.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 1, 2013, 10:09 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• We watched all of it.

Usual first game errors on offense but was surprised osu did not look dominant against Buffalo. Camp injuries playing out? Need input from our osu guys.

Spotty on defense (Losing Shazier ... sp.? ..... has to be a concern) but I think the osu guys expected some of that. Inputs?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Had we stuck with a pretty straight-forward offense, I think we could have rolled up 50+. However, after jumping out 23-0 very quickly, I think we started to experiment. The offense started stalling and making bad mistakes. That put an inexperienced defense in some bad spots.

2 of the top 3 running backs were suspended. Of the 11 starters on defense, only 2 started last year. And that became just one after Shazier went down

It was interesting to watch Buffalo. Even after they closed the score to 10, they never seemed very excited or looked like they thought they could win. Maybe the heat played a part in that. I guess it was about 100 degrees or more down on the field. Also strange that we seemed to have more problems with cramps than they did.

Anyways, first third of the game was great, middle third kinda sucked, last third was okay.

Comment

• Looking ahead to next week, San Diego State might be a lot worse than I was expecting. They lost to Eastern Illinois I think (or Western?). SDSU was projected as one of the best 2-3 teams in the MWC but I dunno if that means much this year. Boise State also got completely destroyed by Washington.

Comment

• Or SDSU was thoroughly embarrassed and plans to atone for their flop with a stellar effort next Saturday.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Separated at birth or hiding in plain view?

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• OMG! THAT'S SO GOOD!!!

Comment

• Buchanan:

Two matchups hurt Ohio State. Armani Reeves on Buffalo's best WR and Mack against anyone on the OL, in particular Taylor Decker. Roby comes back for Reeves, so that issue is fixed for the time being. And if they play someone as good as Mack again, they'll have problems. That guy is a f'n stud. Fortunately, I'm not sure there's anyone better than him in the B10.

Otherwise, very vanilla offensive plan except for 2pt conversions. Defense was fine but for a couple 3rd down conversions.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sully represents.

Comment

• Michigan and its culture of rape:
                            http://www.washtenawwatchdogs.com/4/post/2013/08/the-cover-up-of-the-arrest-of-university-of-michigan-football-player-brendan-gibbons-for-rape.html
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If that's true that's awful.

I don't know if there was a case of a cover-up (which I think would be unusual since plenty of other things have been reported in the past), if it was a made-up story by the alleged victim or just that there wasn't enough evidence for a case. The blog's report says (presumably) Gibbons agreed to take a polygraph test. The blog doesn't include whether one was performed or not.

That a woman got raped by a football player is certainly a believable scenario. I just don't know whether it's accurate or not in this case. Although there is a photo that is supposed to be an arrest photo, the story never says whether charges were filed. We only know that the alleged incident took place almost 4 years ago and nothing seems to have come from it. I'm hoping that means that the woman made the rape up and not that she was but was too scared to pursue the matter any further.

The blogger seems to be the only source on this story. The only other thing I've found on-line is an article about the listed arresting officer having charges of cocaine possession filed against him.

It certainly does leave me wondering about Gibbons.

Comment

• Back to Sully, he plead Not Guilty. According to SI.com's report, there are no allegations of Sullinger hitting his GF. Allegedly, she found some messages or photos on his phone that seemed to indicate he was cheating on her. They got in an argument and he pinned her down and wouldn't get off her. He also allegedly destroyed a cell phone. I know pinning somebody down, especially when you're in the neighborhood of 300 pounds, isn't great but it's less violent and gives different implications (I think?) than hitting them.

Comment

Working...
                                X