Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU's record against the SEC is horrible but overall the conf's record is not that bad. At least not over the last 15 years.

The problem is people like you completely overlook Northwestern beating Mississippi State/Vanderbilt while focusing solely on OSU

Comment

• And on another note...the Big10 has won plenty of big games and so has OSU

OSU is tied with USC for the most BCS bowl wins (6). And yeah, I'm still counting the Sugar Bowl over Arkansas. The game happened, your team lost, deal with it

Comment

• It IS a joke beyond osu.

Comment

• Just got done watching my recording of the Wisky-OSU game.

The matchup of OSU's defensive line vs. Michigan's offensive line is going to be a fucking bloodbath, especially with the interior on pass protection. I'm thinking a 2007 type shitfest here.

OSU is not elite in their back 7, but the only team that can exploit that will be Northwestern. They will still need some traditional nFw luck to win though.

Comment

• Incidentally, a lot of those kids are UFM recruits that have developed into good players. Bosa, in particular, has been really impressive for a true frosh starting on the DL.

I concur re the back 7, especially if your supposed lockdown corner has an ineffective game.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Incidentally, a lot of those kids are UFM recruits that have developed into good players. Bosa, in particular, has been really impressive for a true frosh starting on the DL.
              You mean freshmen can actually play college football and not completely suck at it?

Fascinating. This must be news to the apologist crowd for the Michigan offense.

Comment

• *If* OSU's super young DL has its way with M's not-quite-as-young OL, I wonder what the apologist narrative will be?

Comment

• LOL..I know I'm right on que here...defensive linemen develop quicker. Really this is true.

Comment

• In terms of development time, OL is about the longest and that is M's worst position group. DL is a group of mediocre talent, unless you bought into the hype. Ditto for the WR's, RB's & TE's. They have some talent but it's all young.

Comment

• True story -- no seniors and 2 juniors in the DL 2-deep. Michael Bennet is one of those juniors and he's having himself a season. Schutt was slated to start ahead of Hale, the other junior.

In any event, that group is going to be the same next season. Fortunately for M, with the likes of Funk, Borges and an embarassment of riches of youn OL talent, they should be able to rise to the occasion.

Comment

• The OL story, btw, is going to be tested at Ohio State next season. They lose four 3-year starters and will replace them with some really young players. If all of this stuff is true, then OSU is going to have some really tough sledding next year since, well, it's very difficult to coach up a young OL.

Comment

• They'll be very young on offense almost everywhere if your QB leaves.

Comment

• Yep. The team will completely turnover to UFM's team next season.

Comment

• Missing 3 games might have killed Miller's ambitions to leave this season, but I guess we'll see

Comment

• Entire Buckeye Team Lines Up To Hug Anchor After His Daughter's Death

Dom Tiberi, sports director at the CBS affiliate in Columbus, lost his 21-year-old daughter in a car crash on Sept. 17. That Saturday, Ohio State honored the local legend with a moment of silence before its game. Tiberi returned to Ohio Stadium for this weekend's win over Wisconsin, and as the players left the field, nearly every Buckeye welcomed him back with a hug.
                                Tiberi, who's been with WBNS since 1981, made an emotional return to the anchor desk on Thursday:

[ame]http://youtu.be/oMa51rk7jRo[/ame]

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

Working...
                                X