Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We heard this shit before with TCU, Boise State & Northern Illinois, I rank Ohio just slightly above these "close but no cigar" teams.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Ohio State will go ahead of any one-loss team. No computer will put a one loss Oregon or FSU ahead of a 13-0 OSU team. And the pollsters will not vote us down either. Some schmuck who is paid by ESPN to promote the SEC can write whatever he wants, it doesn't make him right.

OSU will not go ahead of undefeated Bama, Oregon, FSU, and maybe not even Baylor. Talent and I have been admitting this for weeks.

On another note, I hear again and again from ESPN "experts" that every great team has "close calls" and that the truly great teams just survive and move on. So why we should be punished for "only" beating Iowa by 10 is a mystery. Clemson wasn't punished for only beating BC by 10. Georgia was never punished for only beating Tennessee by 3. And both of those games were significantly closer than our game with Iowa was.

Comment

• Of all the questions I have about a committee making the playoff selections next season, this is one of the reasons why it might make sense.

If any of the undefeateds drop a game and there are two undefeateds at the top of the heap, whoever they are will get the nod for the two MNC slots. I think we've beat that logic to death.

However, if there are 4 or 5 1 loss teams, a real possibility, IMO, I think I like the committee, the way it's structured, a little better. I get the complaints about the participants. Still, I think it's better than computers in this situation.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• the Bucks simply aren’t on the same level as the country’s top three teams. Still, sorting out the BCS championship picture will be a mess if OSU goes undefeated. The resume comparisons with even strong one-loss teams -- say, if Oregon or FSU happens to drop a game -- will evoke contentious debates.
          This is the national image of OSU and the Big10. They wouldn't get in over a 1 loss Alabama or Oregon (maybe even FSU).
          Last edited by whodean; October 20, 2013, 12:44 PM.
          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• It's pretty clear in retrospect to now see that Distributin' Urban was actually run out of the SEC....he thought he would find refuge in the B1G, oh well.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Whodean is becoming increasingly desperate. LOL @ Travis Haney blog as "national image".

Unfortunately, the uncontroverted evidence and facts proves him delusional.

Sadly, I think there will be 2 other undefeateds, so he won't have to eat shit. Well, other than the shit he'll have to eat as a M fan.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• LOL, I'll tell you who is desperate: the oLIEo losers who are hyping up the luke warm turd called the Big10 (and their own pathetic schedule) trying to get a chance to be thumped by the Crimson Tide.

You and the poodle are desperate, I am fine thank you.
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Let's say its like this after Week 13 (Conference Champion games completed)

1. Oregon 13-0 ( PAC 12 Champ)
                  2. Alabama 12-1 (won SEC CCG but lost in regular season to say, .. LSU)
                  3. OlieO 13-0 - Big Ten Champs (Beat 11-2 Nebraska in CCG)

I'll bet right now that Bama goes over OlieO.

Guaran-fricking-teed.

Mortal lock.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Let's say its like this after Week 13 (Conference Champion games completed)

1. Oregon 13-0 ( PAC 12 Champ)
                    2. Alabama 12-1 (won SEC CCG but lost in regular season to say, .. LSU)
                    3. OlieO 13-0 - Big Ten Champs (Beat 11-2 Nebraska in CCG)

I'll bet right now that Bama goes over OlieO.

Guaran-fricking-teed.

Mortal lock.
                    I don't think the computers will do that. I thought the same thing but if I recall, talent put my logic, basically the same as yours, to rest.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think the computers will do that. I thought the same thing but if I recall, talent put my logic, basically the same as yours, to rest.
                      You recall correctly :-)
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is blatantly obvious to anyone that has cable and watches college football. As much as I wish to the contrary, Alabama is NOT losing a single game including the national championship.

Oregon gets a bye before Stanford and FSU faces an injury-decimated Miami & Florida.

Ohio has played no one and stands a reasonable chance of getting upset by Michigan, sorry Urbie the B1G is now where has-been coaches go to die or where underachievers thrive.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see Alabama losing unless Saban has a brain fart or something. He doesn't do that during football season.

And at least one of the two (Oregon .. FSU) will also be undefeated, and surely ranked ahead of OlieO.

So, bucknut fans will be in Pasadena, and all of them will be looking for dinner reservations at the local Dairy Queen ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Yeah, I don't see Alabama losing unless Saban has a brain fart or something. He doesn't do that during football season.

And at least one of the two (Oregon .. FSU) will also be undefeated, and surely ranked ahead of OlieO.

So, bucknut fans will be in Pasadena, and all of them will be looking for dinner reservations at the local Dairy Queen ...

and continue to showcase your Fred Flintstone avatar and enjoy the blockbuster bowl . 19 wins in a row and counting....

Comment

• Thank you.

I enjoy showing Coach Hoke in a headset, because many of my fellow Michigan fans continue to believe that the man never wears one. This is proof he does.

With the way Michigan has looked in the last few games, I'd be happy with an invitation to the Blockbuster bowl. Something is better than nothing. I continue to hold out hope for a NYD game in Florida. Tampa, Orlando or Jacksonville are all nice places to visit in January.

And Coach Meyer's 19-0 record is about as impressive as Brady Hoke's own 18-0 home record at Michigan. There's a lot of "yeah, buts" involved. But go ahead and keep thumping your chest about that. Its actually kind of cute.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; October 21, 2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• You nicely pimped him Liney.

Comment

Working...
                                X