Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you win, it's easy to explain.

When you don't it can be more difficult to rationalize, especially if prolonged failure is inconsistent with self-image. Hence M's rub and accompanying "complex" mentality.

In truth, it's nothing more than an Occam's Razor situation. M wants to win, they're just not as good at is as Ohio State.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not craven enough to cheat, really. I think it speaks to the relative quality of people in the two states. People in Ohio will obviously stoop at nothing. You've got pedos chasing recruits all over twitter, entire populations running beloved alumni out of town, and star athletes who identify with murderers.

Up here we maintain a standard.

Comment

• The ol' No-Titles/Gallant Defeat Standard.

Comment

• We have titles. The last national championship we won was clean. The last national championship you won wasn't. In the last extended period of time these two teams went to battle on an even footing, you got your baboon-colored ass handed to you for a decade.

Comment

• At least I actually believe what I type about M.

Comment

• Wonder what shit is about to hit Ohio's fan this time? Yeah sure, Saban was never going to take the Alabama job, Meyer had a mysterious affliction that miraculously cured itself in time for the OSU gig and now Gene Smith. Truthfulness is simply not in their DNA.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/31/ge.../?sct=cf_t2_a3
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 31, 2013, 08:23 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Certainly sounds like he's interviewing for the AD job at Texas. He's passing the "publicly deny rumors in the press" test with flying colors.

Comment

• OSU finalizes the deal with UK, UNC and UCLA. Basically a neutral site round-robin over the next 3 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    I can't remember the last time OSU played in WL with even a hint of sun. I'm convinced that giant sinkhole of of soulless purgatory is the actual victim of C. Montgomery Burns' plan to block out the sun. Or maybe even the sun won't go near WL. In any event, my beliefs are about to be tested. The forecast calls for 50 degrees and sunny. I'll believe it when I see it.

Until then, F W Lafayette: http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/10/27873/pit-of-despair-ramzy-purdue-boilermakers-ohio-state-buckeyes
                    You got your sunny day. Otherwise, WL remains a dreary place, just like the rest of Indiana.

Comment

• Purdue is all kinds of awful. Perhaps the worst B10 team I've seen in a long, long time.

Comment

• But they held sparty to one TD....

Oh.

OK.

Bollman.

Comment

• Walrusball! 1.5 yards and a cloud of dust, regret and bitterness!

Comment

• For those of you scouting Iowa...........

They cannot move the chains if you make them play form behind them.

Bend don't break is the worst defense to play against them esp. on the road. Mattison should not be worried about committing a S to the box against the run or Blitzing LBs. Neither QB they've used today can throw the ball well even to relatively open receivers.

Moreover this is Ferentz. He calls a jet sweep on a 4th and less than one and the RB gets tackled for a loss. Ferentz has a chance to give this game away with some dumb play call that is going to make Hoke look like a genius in comparison. Don't blow it Brady.

Iowa plays the run really well. If Hokeorges want to play tough guy and establish how physical they can be up front, they'll be squandering a great opportunity to exploit the Iowa D and take advantage of what M's offense does well.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Bend don't break is the worst defense to play against them esp. on the road.
                              Exactly the opposite. The Iowa offense doesn't have the wherewithal to score on long drives, make them try to do it and they will fail, last thing you need to do is take big risks against them.

That said, Wisconsin doesn't look like anything special against them today.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Wisconsin punting with about 10 minutes left. Does Iowa have time for two more FGs?
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X