Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it wouldn't be impossible for him to coach that game, but unlikely.

I guess it's an okay stepping stone job if you're looking to wind up at a big name program eventually. Art Briles, Kevin Sumlin...just thought that when he left he'd be leaving for a P5 school

Comment

• Houston is a pretty good job to learn how to be a HC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, that's a great opportunity for Coach Herman, and well-earned. He'll coach the Sugar Bowl. In the unlikely event they stun the world, he may not coach in the next game.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He'll coach in the bowl game? He and Houston don't want him down there now getting started?

Comment

• I like that Herman will get some experience and be available for us in three years if we don't get Harbaugh.

Comment

• Nah. Success at Houston. Then success at a P5 program. Then he replaces UFM in 10 years!

In any event, it would appear Warriner will move up to OC which is AOK by me. Then UFM will hire a QB coach. That coach will likely be aware that Warriner isn't long for the program (he'll get hired by someone...especially call plays with next year's offense) and that they have an opportunity to move up to OC in short order. So, it should be an attractive job for current OCs at non P5 schools or even OCs at mediocre P5 schools.

This is the way UFM operates. He wants the best coordinators, and those guys want to be head coaches sooner rather than later.

I could see Chris Ash moving on in a year or two, as well. Ohio State's defense ain't getting any worse that's for sure. He'll be viewed as the guy who turned a steaming pile of poop into a quality defense (when, mostly, the back 7 will just get waaaay more talented).

Comment

• Herman seems to be a guy that fits in Texas. Do you know yet if he is going to stick through the playoffs?

How UFM handles this seems to be just perfect. Zero cronies; only excellence. He's a pipeline, and if he sticks it out long enough will have a massive coaching tree. If you're an up-and-comer, you should want to get hired by UFM. UFM is an evil genius.

Comment

• I believe he'll stay in the unlikely event that OSU beats The Nick. As noted in the Hoke thread, the dead period runs through the championship game.

Herman is perfect for Texas. He'll win big in Houston, IMO. That's largely an underperforming team this season. Great situation for him. He'll be in a P5 contest in no less than 4 years, IMO, and it won't be a shit job.

UFM's way is a bit jarring after a decade of Tressel and the ultimate in coaching stability. However, I think it's the right way to go. UFM asks for a handshake two-year commitment from his assistants and then they're free to move up the chain.

And, yes, I think the "Assistant under UFM" line your resume is pretty valuable and should be very attractive to ambitious coaches. Plus, hell, it's Ohio State and the B10....you're dealt pocket Kings...if you're good you'll get good results...

Comment

• So he's def staying for the first game?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Herman is perfect for Texas. He'll win big in Houston, IMO. That's largely an underperforming team this season. Great situation for him. He'll be in a P5 contest in no less than 4 years, IMO, and it won't be a shit job.
                      If Charlie Strong doesn't work out, there you have it. But he's going back to a recruiting heartland he already knows well. Great move.

Comment

• Every indication is that he's staying. However, he hasn't actually been hired, yet, so I haven't heard it from him as that question is, technically, putting the cart before the horse.

Comment

• The good news...at least OSU still has Fickell.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Brian reports at mgoblog that Herman has said he won't join Houston until OSU loses.

Comment

• Well, there you have it. It's what OSU "insiders" were saying. Though, technically it should read "...until OSU loses or wins the college football playoff." Practically speaking it can read, "...until The Nick asswails the bejesus out of OSU on New Year's Day."

Comment

• Refreshing for talent to exude so much common sense Re oLIEo's inevitable Loss
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X