Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No scenario could ever influence me to root for osu. The "we'll get to knock off the defending champs" argument is ludicrous. First, M probably doesn't win that game next season. Second, a win wouldn't change the fact that they are the defending champs. Third, osu fans will be crowing continuously. There is absolutely no upside to it. Unfortunately, they'll win tonight as the stars and planets have all aligned for osu in the past week. Ducks will fall from the sky tonight.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I don't really care for either school, but seeing that Urban Meyer enjoying something is too much to bear.

Comment

• schools I historically hope lose every game: CU, Miami, PSU

More recently added (last 10 yrs or so): Missouri, Texas, SEC, Iowa

I probably dislike Miami and Texas the most
        Last edited by entropy; January 12, 2015, 01:12 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure I get the JH gets to beat a defending champion line. I think what happens next season will matter a lot more the significance of The Game. Ohio State will likely start in the preseason top 3 and they have a schedule that's conducive to a 10-0 start before hosting Sparty and visiting AA. If OSU goes 11-0 to start, then 11-0 and ranked in the top 3 or so is plenty good enough to set the table for The Game. Not sure how more "defending national champ riding a 24-game win streak" would add.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Once you have General Harbaugh running things, you need no more buildup.

Comment

• Once you have General Harbaugh running things, you need no more buildup.
              Yeah, heh, that's the other thing. That game is already going to be off-the-charts anticipated for M faithful. This is 1969. This is JH's opportunity to fully and finally announce that M is back. It will be out-of-control and surely doesn't need Ohio State to be some sort of superteam.

Comment

• I want to see cold Pizza on a golf cart Frank Meyer again. Go Ducks!
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Once you have General Harbaugh running things, you need no more buildup.
                  General seems to be a demotion of harbaugh's status..
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• He goes by many titles. Napoleon also had many titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                      I want to see cold Pizza on a golf cart Frank Meyer again. Go Ducks!
                      Okay, here you go...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Hopefully seen again around midnight
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• No scenario could ever influence me to root for osu.

Yes. Everyone out there a bit confused on this, repeat this until you believe it.

No scenario could ever influence me to root for osu.

Comment

• I can a little bit see rooting for OSU vs Bama, just because. But no f in way against Oregon. GO fucking Ducks.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Yeah, heh, that's the other thing. That game is already going to be off-the-charts anticipated for M faithful. This is 1969. This is JH's opportunity to fully and finally announce that M is back. It will be out-of-control and surely doesn't need Ohio State to be some sort of superteam.
                              Lest you forget ..... adding to the mystique of this particular The Game, is the history of the coming of Bo. In '69, Woody was the undisputed king of CFB coaches and he led a #1 ranked National Championship osu team into Ann Arbor. Bo's, in his first year as HC of Michigan, led the '69 team to a win. That started it. A Harbaugh win in 2015 will reignite it.

The rankings, while in realty really isn't going to matter a whole lot except to the hype that will surround whatever it is, is historically significant. #1 rankings, particularly for osu it seems, have been a problem when they come to AA.

So, I'll take that added benefit for an M victory over a #1 ranked, national champion osu come November. Not that a top 2 or 3 ranking for osu wouldn't mean something but getting knocked off that #1 spot through the achievement of a win in these two particular games (1969 and 2015) by two of Michigan's most recognizable and glorious figures would have plenty of significance for those that will have seen or attended both games.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lest you forget ..... adding to the mystique of this particular The Game, is the history of the coming of Bo. In '69, Woody was the undisputed king of CFB coaches and he led a #1 ranked National Championship osu team into Ann Arbor. Bo's '69 team prevailed.
                                I thought the part of my post where said "This is 1969." made it clear I understood M's desperate hope that history repeat itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X