Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duh. Merely predictive with the strength of said predictive indicator depending on strength and volume of the past results and the relationship to the future endeavors.

As I said, JH isn't Bo. He obviously isn't RichGOD or Coach No Titles, either. He is simply JH. However, having been through this song and dance before with M fans, I'll defer veneration until I see actual high-level results -- like, say, those achieved by UFM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Right Talent, make up whatever shit you like, that was never my opinion or prediction regarding Hoke, nobody wanted the sad fuck in the first place amd I was calling for his head in year 2. Prior to that, publically proclaimed we should have kept RR rather than settle for the fatman.

As for Meyer, he's going nowhere, he knows his limitations and is afraid of the Pros otherwise he would have made the jump long ago. The Kiddie Table is the best it will ever get for him.

I do however standby this, can't wait for Harbaugh's NFL freight train to crush his ass.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Oh, OP....you loved Hoke and Brandon.

I, however, believe you can't wait for M to finally get a win over OSU and UFM. However, I fear that wait may be awhile.

Comment

• I'll defer veneration until I see actual high-level results -- like, say, those achieved by UFM.
          Question: Which is more difficult? Getting an NFL team into the Super Bowl, or getting a college team into the NC game?

Ask some of these Detroit Lion fans that question ....
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hoke , never. Even after the Sugar Bowl anomaly, year 2 was a better indicator.

I was onboard early with Brandon but when it was clear that Hoke was doomed and Brandon refused to fire him...well heh.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Question: Which is more difficult? Getting an NFL team into the Super Bowl, or getting a college team into the NC game?

Ask some of these Detroit Lion fans that question ....
              Jimmy Johnson knows and it's not even close. Won at Miami while turning them into the most feared beast in college followed by 2 Super Bowls in Dallas. As long as Meyer remains in college he will never compete at Harbaugh's level, period.

For all his wit and his current relaxed vibe, Johnson carries a strong sense of what's right and wrong in coaching. That's why he's not going to join the chorus praising Jim Harbaugh for leaving the NFL to take on the Michigan job.

You want to call that move courageous? Please. Jimmy Johnson does not hesitate to paint going to a program as storied as Michigan as something of the easy way out.

"You look at the top schools in college and there's the chance to win 10, 11, 12 games and play for the national championship every year," he says. "The difference between the top schools and everyone else is just so huge.

"You're guaranteed by just showing up that you're going to win eight or nine. On the pro level, that's not the way it is. It's a grind."

Comment

• Meh. Jimmy carries the NFL's water now. He would naturally say that. All the NFL guys were saying that Harbaugh was a chump, a coward, and was leaving the NFL with his tail between his legs. You believe that shit?

I don't believe it's a lot harder taking the Dallas Cowboys or the 49ers to the Super Bowl than it is to get Michigan to the national title game. All NFL franchises are not the same either, though there's definitely more parity because it's limited to 32 teams. Try expanding to 120 and see if there's still the same balance. There are some franchises that nearly no free agent wants to go to so it's becoming extremely difficult to win at those places (Buffalo, Cleveland, St. Louis, Oakland, Jets)

Comment

• I will say this, OP was a disciple of Urban until we hired him. Thence the butthurt began. He may have been the lone voice of reason in those heady days of 2011 when most round here declared Hoke the reincarnation of Saint Bo himself. But i'll have to review the tapes, I could be misremembering

Comment

• To say that Harbaugh hasn't had "high level results" is completely laughable. Especially when spoken by someone that claims to have a choke hold on "the facts".

...and here it comes ....

Comment

• So, how are the Cleveland Browns doing in their quest for the Super Bowl?

Right here in Michigan we have a so-called NFL team that still hasn't sniffed at the cup of the Super Bowl.

But yet that's easier to get to than the national title game in CFB?

Got it.

And comparing 120 college teams to 32 NFL teams makes me laugh. Unless you believe that OlieO could compete in the NFL .... and I was alive the last time people were talking that way .... and I liked the end result.

Comment

• Question: Which is more difficult? Getting an NFL team into the Super Bowl, or getting a college team into the NC game?
                        Well, in the past 13 seasons 16 of the 32 NFL have played in the Super Bowl.

Over the same span only 11 different CFB teams have played for BCS or CFP title.

Over the past 13 seasons 19 different NFL coaches have led teams to the Super Bowl.

Over the same span, 14 different CFB coaches have led teams to BCS or CFP title game.

So, it would seem to me that there is more variance in the NFL. And while the Lions and Browns are certainly good examples of hopeless, god-awful franchises, that doesn't really change the overall facts.

FYI, I understand the above facts will be entirely discounted because they don't fit with the Harbaugh narrative -- ALEXANDER THE GREAT!!

Comment

• The Ohio HS Football Coaches Association had their annual meeting and lots of coaches spoke. There's a massive crib notes posts on a premium site that I won't lift entirely. The one thing worth posting is from Ed Warriner about OSU's run game:

Warriner said they only use 4 basic run concepts. They just do them out of multiple formations and change up the blocking or who carries the ball on them. For instance, on the counter, he has two guys pulling. Now, who those two are may vary. It could be a center, guard, tackle, h-back, and RB. On outside zone, anyone can carry it. The OL still blocks it the same.
                          Hoss has always beat the dream about how the spread actually simplifies the game (and not that anyone disagrees). But this certainly highlights that. One of the other things Warriner said was that EVERYONE blocks -- WRs and RBs included. That's why they run so well. And their WRs do really block and Ezekiel Elliot is a beast lead blocker. He crushed people all year, but my favorite block of his was early in the Sugar Bowl on a Jalin Marshall sweep he led into basically an ISO on DePriest and put him on his back. That's some REAL manball shit.

Comment

• 4 basic run concepts ...... key IMO.

Then you spice this up a bit with changing the guy that pulls/lead blocks and the defense does not know which gap/man they need to worry about.

The spread DOES simplify things. RR 's offense shows classic simplification for the QB who is key in running it. RR also did a lot of neat stuff with constraints and then following that play he'd call in a play to pop the QB for a 50 yard TD. Dennard.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why M played the dinosaur offenses they featured in the changing circumstances of CFB. Well, stodgy old men set in their ways, I guess could be one reason. That was frustrating to watch. And yes ...... HARBAUGH.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              I will say this, OP was a disciple of Urban until we hired him. Thence the butthurt began. He may have been the lone voice of reason in those heady days of 2011 when most round here declared Hoke the reincarnation of Saint Bo himself. But i'll have to review the tapes, I could be misremembering
                              True DSL, Urban Meyer was the man in Florida up until he was seduced by the dark side.

Met him once (through a chain link fence) on the FAU campus in Boca Radon while they prepared to play Oklahoma. He had asked me what should he do if tied at halftime? Well you saw the game and know the rest.

After that, expected complimentary tickets to the Swamp, blah, blah, blah......next thing you know he fakes a "serious illness" in order to break his contract with the Gators, only to be miraculously cured by ESPN and his TV gig a year later!

"Demons out! I will heal you!" crap!

Comment

• Urban Meyer is getting away with over signing recruits, check out this article posted on reddit. In short, Urban Meyer is hugely over signing players and using medical exemptions to weed out players he no longer wants on his team. Really shady

Comment

Working...
                                X