Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Keep whistling, Strangelove.

Maybe the voices will go away.

ohio will be losing football games to Jim Harbaugh's Michigan Wolverines again.

Bet on it.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Unfortunately we weren't at this site until a few months after Brady was hired, so I can't go back and dig up the wild predictions and unjustified optimism after his hire. Pity. I seem to recall his 2008 season with Ball State being the primary reason he was going to turn the Michigan program around...because he nearly won the MAC one time in 7 years or some such.
              This is really strange. I don't know why Brian's the issue here, or why it's somehow inappropriate for a person to get credit or criticism as appropriate, or why anyone would criticize fans for making wrong predictions. You're the guy who showed up here with the line ``Fickell just nailed his hiring press conference. Things have changed.'' If Michigan fans are guilty of optimism after a new coach was hired that just makes them like you and millions of others. So what? If I were you I could find many other ways to bask in the glory better than making odd and irrelevant points in a Michigan discussion.

That said, since you asked, why would I evaluate a blogger primarily based on his taste in coaches? The AD is the one making the hire. The blogger blogs. In this particular case though Brian didn't like the hire. On 1/5/11, after Harbaugh went to SF, he listed six guys he liked better: Mullen, Wittingham, Fitzgerald, Patterson, Peterson, Strong. And then he wrote ``Does Hoke approach any of these guys? Absolutely not. If he'd been a Michigan State assistant no one would have ever brought him up.'' One thing about Brian is that he's great at spotting Michigan's hubris and how it trips over itself. Brian cited that as a reason to be skeptical about the hire and he turned out to be correct. Here's the link: http://mgoblog.com/content/non-hoke-options-extant

Comment

• I'm not talking about Brian but the majority mood of this board in 2011 that was only reinforced by Hoke having a luck-as-hell first season.

Comment

• Hoke had a great season, and recruited a very good class. There was sufficient reason to be optimistic.

Please tell me you expect Hoke-like results from Coach Harbaugh. (i.e. wins/losses)

Comment

• Michigan wins vs OSU are on the way. Harbaugh teams are not going to go 1-9 vs ohio in his first ten seasons at Michigan.

I think a lot of us here would be pretty satisfied to see them go 5-5. That's not the best scenario, but its better than what we have now.

Comment

• Twin brothers.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Thanks GJ! I love that one. It's welcome anytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I'm not talking about Brian but the majority mood of this board in 2011 that was only reinforced by Hoke having a luck-as-hell first season.
                          You were indeed talking about Brian, for whatever reason, but, again, who the fuck cares? No doubt about it that after that 2011 season people were pretty impressed and the outlook was very positive. The number of Hoke skeptics dropped and so it should have at that point. Then it rose with the evidence things were going to be rough. That says to me that people are pretty tuned in with reality. So the worst you can say about this board is that as a group it is willing to adjust opinions and outlooks as information warrants. That's your big point here?

Comment

• We all have a good bit of selective hearing or more appropriately stated, we filter, we delete, we hear what we want to hear or fits our view of whatever world we are talking about.

It is hard not to do that. Very hard and the mess the world is in right now is a testament to that truth. But here, on the micro level, all sides who participate here (right now just MSU and osu and I think that is unfortunate, love to have more), have a view shaped by their football experiences.

I welcome that. On not more than one occasion I have had my expectations properly reduced and/or adjusted by the view's of M's football opponents who wade in here to post.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• So the worst you can say about this board is that as a group it is willing to adjust opinions and outlooks as information warrants. That's your big point here?
                              DING DING DING!!!!!

We have a winner!!

Comment

• Here, hack, I'll do you a solid and post here so you can get your butthurt out on this thread instead of cluttering up recruiting thread. Now carry on with pretending that I'm Strangelove....let it all out...it will help you get over the pain...
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X