Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love this Jameis photo:

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well, well, well....Urban Meyer was against satellite camps before he was for them. FAU campus, Boca Raton, June 17th. Nice to see Urbie Copy Jim Harbaugh and his Pro approach to the amateur ranks.
      Monkee See, Monkee Do

And as long as Big Ten counterparts like Michigan's Jim Harbaugh and Penn State's James Franklin are doing them, Ohio State might as well join the game.

Comment

• Right now, every CFB team is just playing to see who gets their ass kicked by JH in the CFP championship. I'd be stunned if he doesn't double M's national title total over the past 65 years in a mere 2 years. And, of course, up their UNDISPUTED, UNSHARED national titles over the same timeframe by an infinite percent.

UFM had a good a run. But, it's hard to disagree with you boys -- it seems like it's at an end.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I find urb'z language choice revealing.

Naming himself the monkey identifies him as not an originator but as nothing more than a mimicking chimpanzee.

I didn't follow Harbaugh that closely while he was at SF. I don't recall him ever making this kind of national splash in any NFL preseason. His persona while at Stanford was nothing like his persona at Michigan.

The interesting thing to me is JH's recognition of an essential element of CFB recruiting in today's environment. These kids like flash. They live in the moment. Oregon did that with outlandish uniforms and led the way with this sort of thing.....and, of course, winning. Now Harbaugh is doing it with his camps.

The other thing is that M still has national recognition by both its history and its colors. Look at how JH has advantaged that in the stunning art work that announces these camps.

Clearly, real national recognition can't be obtained by this sort of thing. JH has to deliver an impressive 2015 season or most of this is going to look silly and childish and you can bet the exact targets of JH's imaginative play, the likes of um, Saban (all of the SEC powers for that matter) and the lead programs in CFB are going to point thier fingers and laugh.

As I've said, this is a high risk, high reward endeavor.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 26, 2015, 07:40 AM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Right now, every CFB team is just playing to see who gets their ass kicked by JH in the CFP championship. I'd be stunned if he doesn't double M's national title total over the past 65 years in a mere 2 years. And, of course, up their UNDISPUTED, UNSHARED national titles over the same timeframe by an infinite percent.

UFM had a good a run. But, it's hard to disagree with you boys -- it seems like it's at an end.
            I'd like to conduct a survey. The targets of these camps is HS freshman and sophomores. I wonder how many of them could tell you that it was osu that made the kind of run they made in the CFP?

These kids live in the now and Michigan's flash this summer and the good things that JH has the potential of coupling with this are what they are going to remember when it comes to singing NLIs. I suspect that is exactly what JH's view of the recruiting world is.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I agree. Summer camps and "artwork" that no other school comes close to replicating trumps CFP results all day and twice on Sunday. It's why I've been touting JH to dominate recruiting this year. And so far, I've been right. Pretty much every top recruit is lining up to play for JH.

I mean, I look at this half-assed thing UFM and OSU did for a single-recruit (Kareem Walker, RB from NJ -- he's not Matt Falcon, but I think he'll be decent) and it's embarrassing. It might as well have been done in crayon:

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sure ........ If I was a youngster and a baller, I'd be asking, "did Kareem commit to MSU?"

Horrible poster.

Comment

• Serious question and I'm too lazy to look it up...... Who are those guys?

Comment

• The satellite camps could soon be outlawed. The SEC and ACC have every reason to be against them, frankly, in order to try and build a wall around the South. Texas and California schools too.The Big10 will end up being outnumbered if it ever comes up for a vote.

And Franklin started the trend, not Khaki Jimmy

Comment

• Well, yes, Franklin.

Hell, I didn't even know he was doing them until now. There might have been some whining but I didn't here it.

JH? I'd say the majority of college football fans would think JH started them.

Perceptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                        Well, yes, Franklin.

Hell, I didn't even know he was doing them until now. There might have been some whining but I didn't here it.

JH? I'd say the majority of college football fans would think JH started them.

Perceptions.
                        You're applying your personal ignorance to every college football fan in the country. Very nice. Maybe because you only read/listen to Michigan media sources, you tend to think JH came up with the idea or that everyone around the country can't stop thinking and talking about Jimmy?

There was much of the same gnashing of the teeth from southern coaches at the time.

So this is what it’s all about. This is what has an entire conference — the biggest, baddest, winningest conference in all of college football — whining like teenage boys.

Comment

• That's fine ..... you're right, I'm terribly biased.

But right now, the average CFB fan would probably name Jim Harbaugh as the first guy to do these summer camps and piss off the rest of the CFB coaching world. Well, just the ones who are envious. The news cycle and all that.

....... and what did PSU/Franklin do? One, two camps?

Harbaugh made this a big deal, Franklin certainly tip toed around the idea. Probably didn't want to make waves.

That's the difference. Harbaugh seems to enjoy doing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            That's fine ..... you're right, I'm terribly biased.

But right now, the average CFB fan would probably name Jim Harbaugh as the first guy to do these summer camps and piss off the rest of the CFB coaching world. Well, just the ones who are envious. The news cycle and all that.

....... and what did PSU/Franklin do? One, two camps?

Harbaugh made this a big deal, Franklin certainly tip toed around the idea. Probably didn't want to make waves.

That's the difference. Harbaugh seems to enjoy doing that.
                            SEC fans pay attention to this stuff a lot more closely than Michigan fans do so I'm pretty sure that most of the ones in Georgia and Florida would know that Franklin was down there in 2014. They raised a stink about it at the time and are now grumbling louder now that your boy is down there and soon-to-be Urban too.

Comment

• Purdue doing it too now

With all the attention these camps have received and the push by the powerful SEC to stop the influx of Big Ten programs in its territory, who knows how long the loophole will remain in place.

"You know the rule is going to change," Hazell said.

Comment

• So maybe when they close this "loophole" they'll close the "loophole" that allows the SEC to oversign and rescind scholarships (read: roster cuts)

nah ... the NCAA has no testicular fortitude when it comes to standing up the SEC and the mighty Urbz .. ... but they will go after JH by golly ....
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X