Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree to an extent. I think it was a good move and it shook up the Cavs and took away Mosgov for a game that GSW won. So it was a significant tactical move and a good one. But I think with or without it GSW was going to win the series. I think it was clear in late Game 2 that what Lebron was doing was not sustainable. He was nailing very difficult shot after very difficult shot, and spending just a ton of energy getting them. It happened in 6, but if there were a Game 7 it would have happened then. Frankly last night GSW was a few blown layups from going into halftime with a double-digit lead. So often, if you build on that in the first few minutes of the second half the other team packs it in, and that's what I was expecting.

The thing I don't get is why Harrison Barnes over Iggy in the first place? Great to get him in there to guard LeBron, but I think he could have sat Barnes too and gotten a fairly similar result. I guess maybe it makes sense to have Iggy as a second-unit facilitator when the decision was made in the regular season.

Comment

• From Ohio State's "satellite" camp at FAU:

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My son went to the CMU big man camp today. MSU is having one tomorrow but we were are on the road to Louisville so the CMU camp was the one to go to, I told him to name drop his uncle's name as he is a legend in the program. I think he liked it, they filmed everyone and watched the video after lunch in the theater the team has.

Comment

• What's that have to do with Travon Grimes and Nick Bosa? J/K. Hope he's having a good time. Sounds like it.

Comment

• Cavs ought to let Love walk and make a push for Aldridge.

The kind of money Tristan Thompson is talking about is NBA starter kind of money. And I don't think he should be a starter. He's a beast on the boards but that's pretty much the extent of his value. Misses a bunch of layups and obviously terrible at the line. Not really all that great defensively either.

Comment

• Seemed pretty good defensively to me, but yes he's a pretty limited player. Is there cap space to go after Aldridge? I forget where I read it, but someone argued - a former player I think - that really Cleveland would be better off splitting a max deal on two solid role players who fit. Aldridge isn't that. In truth if one of Smith or Shumpert were a much better player with a consistent 3, that's what you really need if not turning back time and keeping Wiggins.

Comment

• "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Jones tells Meyer & Ginn to go F themselves as he leaves OSU.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• No real surprise here...

"Ohio State is going to be double-digit favorites in every game throughout the regular season and the Big Ten Championship game," said Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook manager Ed Salmons. "Their toughest conference game is going to be at home against Michigan State, and I'm thinking the number should be Ohio State as high as minus-16. You won't see a single-digit number on them until the playoffs start."

"Right now, I've got them (Ohio State) about 3 points better than anyone (Alabama is No. 2) on a neutral field," said Salmons. "We're seeing upgraded talent with the Buckeyes, and between their speed, so many returning starters, the system and coaching, they look like an SEC-type team."

Comment

• Urbie you live like a peasant in Ohio, flooded basement? We get 4 feet of rain a year in south Florida, no basements, that is why we buy yachts, remember?

Comment

• OSU looks like a SEC team? Go fuck yourself.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yeah, that's bullshit. OSU is better than an SEC team.

Comment

• No, osu IS an SEC team replete with all of their tawdry scandals, payments to athletes and tons of fringe benefits.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• uh-huh

Michigan's got quite a lot of reason to feel excited these days. I hear you've hired the former OC of the Jacksonville Jaguars to coach receivers or some such shit. He was OC till he got fired for having one of the worst offenses in the NFL. He's got experience being fired from college jobs too. The sky's really the limit.

Has Johnny Khaki Jr. hit on any high school girls recently?

Comment

• Looks Urban Meyer's version of an NFL Aerial Assult QB Wide Receiver camp was well-attended, I guess.

No surprise, an actual shortage of NFL "QBs", proteges Troy Smith retired from the CFL and Terrellee Pryor (sic) has just been released by the Bengals and now is hoping to find Pro work as a wide receiver, otherwise life after amateur ranks folly appears to be over, shame it never started?

Last edited by Prime2; June 23, 2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X