Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is over with Brewer out.

Comment

• I have never seen a school with such an embarrassment of riches at the QB position in the 40 plus years I have been watching college Fball. The bucks are loaded

Comment

• They have the 3 best QBs in the conference and one of them might be the best receiver, too.

There is a very real possibility this is the best CFB team I've ever seen. Off the top of my head I'sd say 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami. That will be the only competition for OSU this year. History.
        Last edited by Mike; September 7, 2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• It's crazy to have all three of these guys at once. And Braxton ought to go down as one of the alltime favorites for moving to receiver and telling Saban to F off when he came begging for his services

Comment

• Don't forget, best o-line too (which helps elevate the rest of the skills players).
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              They have the 3 best QBs in the conference and one of them might be the best receiver, too.

There is a very real possibility this is the best CFB team I've ever seen. Off the top of my head I'sd say 1995 Nebraska and 2001 Miami. That will be the only competition for OSU this year. History.

We won't be able to tell from their decrepit regular season schedule
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Adding Braxton to the offense is nice. It'll be nice to get Jalin back. Between Thomas, Brax, Samuel and Jalin there's big play potential there. I guess Elliot, too. Will also be nice to get Bosa back.

Now it's just Sherman marching through Georgia until Sparty and HARBAUGH!!!! Anything can happen, but I'd be shocked if aren't 10-0 going into Sparty. I'd be surprised if any of the next 9 games are closer than 14. We'll see.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                  We won't be able to tell from their decrepit regular season schedule
                  That's on the rest of the Big10 for being such fuck-ups. Ya'll have been content to pursue $$$ instead of fielding a quality product for a decade

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    They have the 3 best QBs in the conference and one of them might be the best receiver, too.

Yea 2001 Miami was incredible. They basically DESTROYED everyone on their schedule except for @ Va Tech (That V-Tech team was good).
                    Andre Johnson, Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow II, Bryant McKinnie, Antrel Rolle, Jonathan Vilma, Jeremy Shockey, Jerome McDougle, Phlip Buchanon, Vernon Carey, Vince Wilfork, Ed Reed, Rocky McIntosh, Clinton Portis, Roscoe Parrish, Frank Gore, Najeh Davenport... wow

Even though 2005 USC lost in the championship game, I think they are the best college football team I've ever seen. Kind of like the 2007 16-1 NE Patriots.
                    They lost a VERY close game to a 13-0 Texas team. ... but still, the dominance of that offense and all the talent on that USC defense.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• This Buckeye team does not possess the dominant defense of those truly great teams. It'll be better with Bosa back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        This Buckeye team does not possess the dominant defense of those truly great teams. It'll be better with Bosa back.
                        They are young/ or inexperienced in certain areas. D-line, Ohio State lost everyone from 2014 except Bosa and Washington.
                        Secondary, they don't have any seniors and have a lot of sophomores.
                        Most of their players were highly rated recruits, but yea... not experienced enough in certain positions.

OSU will still have a top B10 defense, but like you said, doesn't compare to the dominance of teams thought to be "best team in history."
                        I'm also not convinced that Luke Fickell is a good defensive coordinator.
                        Last edited by Cody_Russell; September 7, 2015, 10:53 PM.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I'm gonna go ahead and wait until after the season to start thinking about this team historically. For now, it will be fun to see how UFM and Warriner work various gamebreakers into the offense.

I'm also not convinced that Luke Fickell is a good defensive coordinator.
                          I'm convinced that Chris Ash is a good defensive coordinator and he's the guy in charge. Alas, I suspect he'll go the way of Tom Herman sooner rather than later. The price you pay for hiring ambitious, talented coordinators.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I'm convinced that Chris Ash is a good defensive coordinator and he's the guy in charge. Alas, I suspect he'll go the way of Tom Herman sooner rather than later. The price you pay for hiring ambitious, talented coordinators.
                            Since they hired Ash, they've been a more aggressive and better defense.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• As for last night, the team was sloppy. Way too many horseshit plays. They gave away too many possessions on offense and were beat by nonsense on defense too many times. Fortunately, they have some guys on the team that can make big plays.

Overall, the thing I liked the most was seeing how many young kids were out there playing. I don't think there's a shallow end with this team - if you make it on the field for meaningful snaps in this game, you're probably pretty decent with some real upside.

Comment

• Since they hired Ash, they've been a more aggressive and better defense.
                                Correct. Ash "De-Tresseled" the defense. Or "De-Heacock'd" the defense. I'm a bigger fan of the Ash approach. It's worth noting that Ash also has more talent. The 2012 LB corps was really not good and it affected everything. I mean, for fuck's sake, they move their FB to LB in the middle of the season and he STARTED right away.

Now they have Raekwon McMillan. And Darron Lee. And Josh Perry 3 years later. And Dante Booker. And so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X