No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He would have dominated as coach here, but I still think his ego demanded that he be an NFL coach. Michigan would have been a temporary stop for him.

Comment

• Let's get ahead of ourselves

who knows after he tires of the NFL maybe he'll come back to M when Hoke is ready to retire

Comment

• I doubt he will ever want the pay cut. He'll only leave the NFL if they won't have him anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
          who knows after he tires of the NFL maybe he'll come back to M when Hoke is ready to retire
          Harbaugh won't exactly be a young man when Hoke retires.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Even coaches that have success in the NFL tend to not last all that long. Guys like Belichek (sp?, I'm lazy) are the exception. 6 or 7 years pass and one bad season could have the 9ers looking in a different direction. Jimmy would still be young.

That said, I hope Hoke will have begun carving himself out to be a legend by then.

Comment

• I don't think Brady is that much older than Harbaugh. I'm too lazy to look it up .. but they've got to be within 5-6 years of each other.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh was born in '63. His bday is December 23rd.

Hoke was born in '58. His bday is November 3rd.

You are right, Lines. 5 years.

Now, I'm done doing your scut work!

Comment

• LOL!! Thanks, Sean!

Comment

• If Harbaugh keeps having this sort of success, he could become a Parcells type that coaches for multiple NFL teams over a long period of time.

Comment

• pryor watch is on. jason campbell of the oakland raiders broke his collar bone today. boeller to take over starting with pryor at backup.
                      Last edited by geo weidl; October 16, 2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Our Boy Urban was at the Dolphin's game this weekend...other than providing "Divine Inspiration" for Tebow's OT win as his QB, speculation is that Ross may hire him, Fins will likely throw the rest of their season not unlike the Colts in a race for Luck.

If Meyer is indeed getting a divorce , well that is a potential game changer but as I have said all along I'd be surprised if he left the State.

Mike Florio on October 24, 2011, 1:56 AM EDT

Reuters
                        On paper, Week Seven didn’t present an overabundance of compelling contests. But no matter how interesting, or otherwise, the games look on paper, there are always plenty of things to discuss.

For our purposes, there usually are 10.

It’s funny how it works out that way.

1. Ross shouldn’t want Urban Meyer, and vice-versa.

It’s now a foregone conclusion that Tony Sparano, only three years after presiding over a stunning turnaround in Miami, eventually will be the former head coach of the team. With an 0-6 start and only one win at Sun Life Stadium in 13 attempts since December 2009, it’s only a matter of time before Sparano is sent packing.

Owner Stephen Ross, whose clumsy pursuit of former Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh in January significantly undermined Sparano, was spotted standing next to former Florida coach Urban Meyer on the sidelines near the end of Sunday’s “home” loss to the Broncos, sparking speculation that Meyer meets the definition of the superstar coach whom Ross covets.

Neither guy should be interested.

Meyer, who has no experience at the NFL level, quit coaching at Florida due to health concerns. It would be no easier for him at the pro level, where the coaches work even harder — and where the inability to fully utilize the recruiting skills that make guys like Meyer great college coaches becomes a constant source of frustration. (Also, if Meyer values his friendship with Bill Belichick, he won’t set up shop in Belichick’s division.)

Then there’s the fact that precious few college coaches ever succeed at the NFL level. Harbaugh represents a rare exception, likely fueled by the fact that he played for years at the NFL level.

Ross, who has little experience as an NFL owner, should realize that Meyer’s success at the college level won’t necessarily translate. And Ross should have realized that if he lingered on the sidelines for too long with Meyer, Meyer would be perceived by some as a potential candidate for the job — even if he isn’t.

Even if he is, Ross should be avoiding any actions that would advance the perception that Sparano will soon be the former coach of the Dolphins.

Of course, Sparano will soon be the former coach of the Dolphins. But Ross shouldn’t be doing anything to create the sense that soon is coming sooner than later, especially if Ross hopes to stay the course in order to land Andrew Luck.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Besides, he'd have to outbid OLieO to get him

Comment

• "Suck for Luck" is the new motto for the Dolphins and Colts. At leat Miami tries to win. Indy is just plain laying down. The league should look into it and award them a win or two ;)

Re: Meyer. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Comment

• Re: Meyer. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Who cares, it sure would make alot of people in o-lie-o squirm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                "Suck for Luck" is the new motto for the Dolphins and Colts. At leat Miami tries to win. Indy is just plain laying down. The league should look into it and award them a win or two ;)

Re: Meyer. That would be a disaster of epic proportions.
                                Anywhere but the Big Ten OT.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X