• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Top 3 worst NFL announcers...

Collingsworth, Buck and Aikman.

The Beth Mowens of pro football.
    Don't forget Tony Romo.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The NFL OT rule needs changed. Both teams should have at least one offensive possession. Game determined by a fucking coin.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Don't forget Tony Romo.
        He's 4th worst.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Looks like Rams v KC in the SB.

And Collingsworth in the booth.

yippee.

I think I'll watch Star Trek reruns instead.

Comment

• Bengals are gonna score a bunch against KC. I think the Chiefs win, but Burrow and Chase will have them in that game.

SF-LA is a total toss-up. Rams are a legit title team with Stafford for Goff switcharoo.

Either way, some good games this weekend.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So no matter what a Midwest team will play a Cali team in LA. A very Rose Bowl feel for the Super Bowl

Comment

• I don’t mind the current OT rule. Just don’t allow a TD and you get another offensive possession. Get Swiss cheesed like the Bills and you go home. Defense matters, too.

Comment

• Alas, we can all agree that a championship weekend without Tom Brady is terrible for the NFL and frankly, a sad time for our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Alas, we can all agree that a championship weekend without Tom Brady is terrible for the NFL and frankly, a sad time for our country.
                    Well, at least it gives the haters a chance to talk about how undeserving Brady has been, and how so many other QB's are better than him.

I don't think it would kill anybody if the NFL OT rule was changed to give both teams the ball. If defense "really" matters, then make both teams play defense. To me, this is what makes the CFB and HS rules better.

If both teams score TD's on their initial drives, then its sudden death afterwards.

Comment

• Only level of football where both teams don't necessarily get an offensive series. Should be changed.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• For the NFL playoffs, I'd like to see 1 possession each then sudden death. It'd actually make the decision on the coin toss somewhat interesting. If you take the ball first and you each score a TD (or FG) then you're the first with the ball in "sudden death" and that's huge, BUT, if you take the ball second you know exactly what the other team did so, e.g., you may be in 4-down mode from the jump AND you have the option of going for 2 and the win.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think the playoffs have given Antonio Brown complete vindication. He was spot on about Brady and who the real star of that team was.

Comment

• If the OT format is changed (and I don't think it necessarily needs to), the most logical solution is to just play a 10 or 15 minute period of football. No sudden death. Then if it's still tied, go to a college style shootout starting at the 25.

But FTR, I'm fine if a team jams it 75 yards down their opponent's throat for a TD to win the game. That's indicative of them being the better team.

Specifically to yesterday, KC wracked up 119 yards and 10 points on 11 plays in the final 4:30 of the game. Makes it difficult for me to get on board with "this wasn't fair to Buffalo". Don't play flag football on defense.

Comment

• Specifically to yesterday, KC wracked up 119 yards and 10 points on 11 plays in the final 4:30 of the game. Makes it difficult for me to get on board with "this wasn't fair to Buffalo". Don't play flag football on defense.
                              But, I'd have liked to see KC defend that lead they just obtained. Are you really the better team? Fine, defend your lead. If Buffalo turns the ball over, or loses the ball on downs, the game is over. If they tie, its sudden death from that point on.

The way its done now seems uneven to me. But, that's just me.

Comment

• There will always be an exciting win/gut wrenching loss in OT that people will use as an example of how it isn't "fair". It doesn't really matter to me how they do it, but it's not like the OT format was decided yesterday. Everyone knows how it works. Try to play a little defense. KC had 542 yards on the #1 ranked defense in the NFL because they are a little better than Buffalo.

Comment

Working...
                                X