No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also Washington will now be known as the Commanders. A DC traffic chopper spoiled their big reveal tomorrow by spotting a banner hanging in FedEx Field, lol

Comment

• Commanders in Dementia?
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Go Rams! Go Stafford!
        You people are weird.

Comment

• Nothing will happen to Ross. He could BUY the NFL for goodness sakes. Maybe a fine that he'll laugh at, but that's it. He's not losing the Dolphins over it.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Much ado about nothing. Flores is now elevated to the same status of career ruining, stupid protesting as Colin Kaepernick. This story is all over the S. FL news. He was a decent coach with prospects elsewhere. He'll never find a job in the NFL again. Europe and Canada are calling. What an idiot.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Old guys defending Stephen Ross, there is a shocker. When you get text congratulating you for getting the job before your interview and the text was meant for a different Brian, you probably weren't going to get another job anyways.

Comment

• Flores' lawsuit has a rather obvious problem -- proving he was discriminated against because of his race. It's certainly true that he was interviewed merely to comply with the Rooney Rule. However, that doesn't make not hiring him a racist decision. The reason he's suing the NFL is, IMO, to use a disparate impact analysis to prove general racism because, TBH, he has almost no chance of proving it in his particularl context, as for being fired or not hired (again).

The NFL almost certainly has the law and facts on its side. Whether they want to deal with the continued PR hit is another question.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not defending Stephen Ross but, yes, I'm "old." See talent's post above.

Sure, like I said in the Misc. thread, people of color can have a difficult time advancing due to barriers that can be removed by sound public policy. Flores isn't in that particular cohort. Smart guy with decent credentials that just ended his capacity to "move up," or even on, in the NFL.

Ross may be a complete ass hole. He may have acted in some way that screwed over Flores. I don't know Ross or the situation with the Dolphins well enough to judge. News reports, as I'd expect, are quick to disparage Ross, like they do of most people that have shit-tons of money.

My main point is that Flores probably got roped in to being the face of legal challenge mounted by activists directed against the NFL and it's owners for being racists. Do you actually think he went to a law firm seeking redress for what will very likely amount to a completely legal firing? I don't. He got recruited. Like Kaepernick, he's going to burn bridges. Such is life.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You certainly were defending Stephen Ross.

Comment

• As a Dolphins fan, I was not happy with Flores' firing. He took over an absolute shit show that was actively trying to tank and turned them into a winning team.

Now, for the record, I am a huge proponent of tanking and was actually heartened to learn that's was Ross was doing in 2019. The problem seems to be of a personal nature between Ross and Flores. It's a stupid way to run a franchise but Ross is a terrible owner so it's not surprising. Apparently, Ross thinks very highly of Tua and Flores didn't. Flores got into it with Tua late in the season and that seems to have precipitated Flores' firing. I don't think he was fired because he's black. And if people want to inject race into it, then shouldn't Ross be given credit for hiring Flores in the first place?

Anyway, my take is that Ross is a shitty owner that fired a good coach because that coach wouldn't participate in shady activity that was requested by said shitty owner.

Now if the Giants didn't hire him because he's black, that's their problem. Those things are almost impossible to prove unless there is documented communications indicating as much. If anything, it shows what a farce the Rooney Rule is in the first place. It forces teams into staging sham interviews and is demeaning to the interviewee (see my post in the misc. thread).

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        Old guys defending Stephen Ross, there is a shocker. When you get text congratulating you for getting the job before your interview and the text was meant for a different Brian, you probably weren't going to get another job anyways.
                        What does Bill Belichick have to do with Stephen Ross? And I don't get the connection of not getting the Giants job to never getting another one. I am surprised he didn't land a gig this offseason, though. I thought he'd get scooped up quickly.

Comment

• Ross wasn't the only guy named in the lawsuit, the Giants and Broncos were also named as well as the NFL. Apparently Belichick got the heads up that Daboll was hired for the Giants before Flores got the interview and mistakenly sent the congratulations text to Flores.

The Rooney rule is proving to be a sham, but the NFL instituted the rule to prevent a lawsuit like this. When a guy with no experience at all like Josh McCown is close to getting an NFL head coaching job, it seems like nothing will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Fuck L.A.
                            You people are weird.
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Sorry Ed, I have a rabid anti-L.A. bias.

Comment

• not sure a 4 year plan to get the best you can get means your actively trying to lose games--higher draft choices and increase your cap followed by kick butt with the hight drafts choices and all the extrea money.

If the nfl is trying to do it as a whole you sure as hell saw a lot of crappy teams spring upsets this year.

the KC is one i'd look at thought. never seen a first half so flawless followed by complete failure. although andy reed has been invoilved in more then a few of those 18 point disasters

Comment

Working...
                                X