No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The odds of that ever happening again are considerably less than those of Linesman inventing, building and successfully marketing the first manned trips to Saturn.
    Hey .. when I approached Elon Musk with my research, he went all in with me. We're going to do this, trust me. I'm going to get The Wizard to be part of the first crew.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You'll need a test rocket for him to pilot first. I suggest strapping him to a 55 gallon drum of rocket fuel, igniting it, and hoping for the best.

Comment

• That would be cool.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Actually it's one playoff win SINCE 1957. 65 years with a single playoff game victory.
          How many franchises that came into existence since then have actually won Super Bowls? Or in some cases, have won more Super Bowls than the Lions have playoff wins?

Comment

• The Dallas Cowboys have come into existence, and won multiple Super Bowls in the time since the Lions last won a Championship
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah well the Super Bowl has been won XXX times since the Lions last won a playoff game.

Comment

• I understand being down on the Lions. As a Saints fan, I understand long-suffering, but y’all have made great improvements. Nobody wants to play the Lions right now. You’ve won 5 of the last 6 and 8 of the last 10.

Honestly, the two losses in that 10-game stretch were heartbreaking. The frustrating part is the loss to the Panthers (loss to an inferior team) and the Bills loss, which you really should have won.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Saints have at least won a Super Bowl. The Lions and Saints were pretty close to one another in franchise history ineptitude until Drew Brees showed up. Now I would say that the Lions have lapped the field in that race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

How many franchises that came into existence since then have actually won Super Bowls? Or in some cases, have won more Super Bowls than the Lions have playoff wins?
                    Super Bowl winners: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Broncos, Chiefs, Cowboys, Bucs, Seahawks, Saints

Super Bowl losers: Bengals, Bills, Oilers/Titans, Chargers, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers

No Super Bowl: Texans, Jags
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Admittedly, fair weather Lions fan but they have been so bad for so long, you can hardly blame anyone for not taking in games. - TV or live. Dan Campbell has been impressive and I wonder if he has played a part in un-fucking the Lion's front office. To win 9 games in the '22/'23 season is quite the accomplishment. Along with not watching the Lions, I've tuned out NFL football and have not kept track of the strength of NFC's Central Division strengths. I have no clue on the Lion's upcoming draft strategy. Maybe next season.

Anyway, I watched more Lions games this season (4) than I watched since Barry Sanders retired. That's a long time.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• STFU's:

Talent, AA, liney

shaddup's:

Talent, AA, liney
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• First time I am probably actively excited for the next Lion season since it the 90s. Probably since the 92 season when they followed up the 12-4 season with a 5-11 debacle. But they were pretty good in the 90s, they never got over the hump but they had a pretty good front office. Unfortunately, they didn't know what they had, Pittsburgh got the fruits of the Lions not knowing that Kevin Colbert and Ron Hughes were damn good. The hiring of Millen set the team back 20 years. It's early but this coaching staff and front office look like keepers.

Comment

• I understand being down on the Lions. As a Saints fan, I understand long-suffering, but y’all have made great improvements. Nobody wants to play the Lions right now. You’ve won 5 of the last 6 and 8 of the last 10.
                            Jesus, you have no idea, how long has it been since Saints fans wore bags over their heads? Yeah, my entire life going on 60 years old they have won nothing. My Father was tortured by them for 40+ years. He remembered the good old days in the 50s before WCF came along.

Just found out they won so now they are near .500 and people like FL can get their hopes up for Lion fans just to be heartbroken. I remember some good teams the "Silver Rush" now the Lions can get back to SOL 8-8 ------ was the old joke about 20/25 years ago. I guess now it's 9-8 and all is well. Sry I brought them up yesterday.

Comment

• Cliff Kingsbury is out in Arizona. 5 current openings. I think the Texans is the most appealing option if you could pick. You'd start with your own QB and they have a lot of draft capital from the Watson trade.

Comment

• All time NFL winning percentage:

Tampa .404
                                Jacksonville .420
                                Houston .422
                                Arizona .426
                                Atlanta .438
                                Jets .440
                                Detroit .453

Sheila Ford took over ownership of the Lions from Martha in 2020. Oddly was in the process of hiring Dan Campbell while hiring Brad Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X