Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
    Cannot disagree.........although there's 5 or so guys just as good, or better IMO.
    Please name them, Crosby is the BEST hockey player in the world offensively, period. He as resumed practice with his team, let's hope he returns symptom-free soon, the NHL needs his stardom badly.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Fuck Cindy. His slash on Pavel's bad ankle in the SCF a couple years ago showed his true colors.

Pavel, Hank, Ovechkin, Toews just for starters.

Comment

• Offensively? Maybe.......although, arguably guys like Ovechkin, Malkin, Stamkos and others could be in the discussion. Overall, the best 2-way player IMO is Datsyuk.....but that's also open to discussion. I'd say the aforementioned group, and people like Kovalchuk, Henrik Sedin, Semin....and even Brad Richards, and Zack Parise could all be discussed as top players. Crosby is great, no doubt......but his skills are not so superior to be so pubicly adulated at the expense of other great players (See NBC hockey coverage). But, I hope he returns quickly, and is healthy. The league does need him.

Comment

• I think Datsyuk is the best. Of course, I'm prejudiced!

Comment

• The Brothers Harbaugh are a single game away from meeting in the Super Bowl, REMARKABLE. Jimmy Harbaugh is nothing short of a God Damned coaching genius as he nearly has a team that went 6 years without making the NFL Playofffs, in strinking distance.
            Worst blunder of Carr's career for nexing Jimmy's hiring as Michigan's QB Coach, ecsplies his personal invitation (according to Bacon) of inviting Rich Rdriguez to AA to coach Michigan over the phone. Remember, Harbaugh contacted Michigan and asked for the job at the time.

Jimmy should have been Michigan's Head Coach, it's a damn shame that Carr stood in the way and yes he proabably would have ended up in the NFL... but we certainly would have picked up a couple more National Championships along the way and RR's disastrous tenure never would have been.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The Brothers Harbaugh are a single game away from meeting in the Super Bowl, REMARKABLE. Jimmy Harbaugh is nothing short of a GodDamned coaching genius as he nearly has a team that went 8 years without making the NFL Playofffs, in strinking distance.
              Worst blunder of Carr's career for quashing Jimmy's hiring as Michigan's QB Coach, eclipses his personal invitation (according to Bacon) of inviting Rich Rdriguez to AA to coach Michigan over the phone. Remember, Harbaugh contacted Michigan and asked for the job at the time.

Jimmy should have been Michigan's Head Coach, it's a damn shame that Carr stood in the way and yes he proabably would have ended up in the NFL... but we certainly would have picked up a couple more National Championships along the way. Little question that RR's disastrous tenure may never have been.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 19, 2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• ... and if RR would have just beaten Pitt, ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Molk, Hemingway and Martin invited to the NFL combine.

RVB and Koger not, but could be late additions. RVB probalby wouldn't be able to participate anyway, so he'll get his proday in the early spring.

Comment

• Two great UM receivers were on display last weekend. Manningham and Arrington. That last UM team could really gone somewhere had they not had the key injuries that hampered them. I think Hemingway is in the same mold and the most likely of the three noted above to make a major impact at the next level.

Comment

• Dolphins should announce their new C today, looking like Denver's OC McCoy.

I guess Miami couldn't pry Tressel from that instant replay broom closet the Colts have him locked-up in, damn.

Comment

• Tressel might do well in the NFL as a "X's and O's" guy, but I'm not sure his personality would fly. Veteran NFL players can spot a phony a mile away. That's why Lou Holtz and Nick Saban flopped in the NFL.

Comment

• Shows how much you know liney.

Colts Reportedly May Interview Jim Tressel for Head Coaching Position
                          By Larry Brown January 20, 2012 - Posted in Football

The Indianapolis Colts fired Jim Caldwell this week following the team’s brutal 2-14 season. The Indianapolis Star reports that former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel may be interviewed to fill the vacancy.
                          In their report, the Star says team owner Jim Irsay’s plane flew to Sarasota, Florida Friday morning where Tressel owns a home. They say that multiple sources expect Tressel to be interviewed for the job.
                          This wouldn’t be too surprising given Tressel’s experience and success as a collegiate head coach. He served as a head coach at Youngstown State in Ohio from 1986-2001 where he won four national championships. He was hired by Ohio State and won a national title in the 2002 season.
                          Tressel served as a consultant for the Colts this past season after resigning as coach of the Buckeyes in May.
                          Being interviewed for the position doesn’t mean he’s going to be the team’s next coach, but it shows he may be seriously close to getting back into coaching.

Comment

• Hey, in the pros, his players can afford their own tats, cars and hookers.

Comment

• If true, he's a Machiavellian MOFO, apparently you get much done out of a broom closet.

Sarasota? You have to be 80 years old to live there, snowbirds fly down, bake in the sun waiting to die, tragic.

Comment

• OP, .. you just ruined Sarasota for me ...

Comment

Working...
                                X