No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn’t watch the game. What was the made-up penalty?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Unnecessary stupidness on the Lions. 15 yards and loss of game. Not reviewable.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        I didn’t watch the game. What was the made-up penalty?
        The Lions ran a tackle eligible play and scored on a two point conversion to take the lead with 25 (or so) seconds left in the game.

The LT(Decker) reported but Ref thought he heard the RG(Skipper) report. Decker caught the pass. Refs overturned.

Replay shows Goff sending Decker to report, Decker talking to ref, ref nodding his head and going to tell the D. Ref then told D that #70 (skipper) was eligible.

Lions are adamant that they did everything correctly. Ref says they did not.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Like I said...uneccesarry stupidness. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That said...

fuckin' refs
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ahh. Yeah, seems like a ref fuck up.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Lions sent three players toward ref as Decker reported. Skipper was running in from the sideline toward ref to try to disguise it a bit and try to throw the Dallas defense off as Decker reported. Skipper had reported a few times earlier in the game to set this up. Ref assumed that it was Skipper that reported.

Skipper said he never said anything to the ref.

In pregame meeting Campbell told the refs that they would do this if they got the chance.

It was just a fuck-up by the Ref
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The Lions were trying to trick the Cowboys and ended up tricking the officials. The NFL response was that only one player per play can report eligible with an ineligible number. They claim #70 reported not #68. #70 was ineligible by positioning (he was covered in the tackle position). Little bit of CYA going on here...just not sure which side is wrong. He said he said.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Great game by two great teams. It's a perfect example of one of these game changing calls by the refs. It looks as though the call was wrong - just keep your flag in the pocket on what would have been a marginal call mid-game, had little to no effect then but changed the outcome with seconds left, on the winning drive and 2pt conversion. Total bull shit. Nothing you can do about it and that just sucks for the Lions.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's a conspiracy. The league wants Dallas to have home field as long as possible. Better inventory of games for TV. Detroit is not a draw. Must reduce the odds of a Lions run deep in playoffs. It's obvious.

fuckin' refs
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz has certainly become the Batman for all referee sass.

Comment

• Thank you.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If the R's field microphone was open, I'd like to hear that conversation he had with the Lions players as they came in. That would settle the whole thing. The players say they properly reported to him. Goff insists that he reminded the players to report in. And finally, Dan Campbell says that in the PRE GAME MEETING with the officials, he described that very play, and who would be coming into the game, and what was going to happen.

If the conversation on the field is available, it would settle any arguments. If the Lions messed up in reporting, then shame on them, and they lost legit. If the R messed up, he needs to be sat down.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It was an honest mistake. As Wiz said, the Lions were trying to trick the Cowboys and they tricked the ref. I don't think 70 reported but the ref did.

He said she said is right, but I find it hard to believe that an O lineman that is going to be the recipient of a game winning trick play would "forget" to check in, especially after seeing the replay of the Goff directing him to report, 68 going to the ref and the Ref apparently acknowledging with a head nod.

BTW, the NFL said that if you report as eligible and are covered that that is an illegal formation (two players can report). Since they say that 70 reported but lined up as a guard, it was an illegal formation.

It's too bad. The Lions set this all up throughout the game and got hosed on a miscommunication.

Of course the Cowboys would have gotten the ball back at the 25 with all of their TOs and a kicker that is a legit 70 yd guy so there is a chance they might have pulled it off anyway, but we didn't get to see that.
                              Last edited by CGVT; December 31, 2023, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Yeah it pretty much comes down to whether Decker reported. It is customary at every level of football to go over trick/unusual plays with the officiating crew pre game...so I'm assuming this specific play/alignment would have been discussed. It appears that both #70 and #68 are over by the white hat...it appears that may have been to distract Dallas...because #70 had no need to report as he was covered up anyway...ineligible no matter what he tells the ref...white hat claims #70 reported...not Decker. The Lions are adamant Decker reported. He said he said. CYA by someone.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X