No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I differ slightly... I want nebraska alumni to do well individually... But I'm a Lions fan and want only that team to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Why wouldn't fans of those programs be happy to see their alums do well on the biggest stage? Something's wrong with that?
      This ^^^

Talent's list notwithstanding, I still like seeing our guys in blue go on and do well in the NFL.

I'm no Packer fan, but when Desmond Howard and Charles Woodson went on and did well for the Packers, I was happy for them. Woodson continues to play well for the Raiders, but I can't stand the Raiders. Yet, I'm pleased for Woodson.

And both of those guys hail from Ohio. Silly me.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The culture is different down there.

Comment

• I think the reason you see so much support for Brady is because he'll probably go down as the greatest QB of all time. Alan Branch played for the Pats last night, too. I haven't heard a single person say they were rooting for NE because he plays for them. Plus, you have to understand the fued that Michigan and Tenessee fans have over the 97 Heisman. To see a Michigan guy become Manning's foil AGAIN is really delicious so it became normal to root for the Pats early in Brady's career. Same way it's easy for me to root for Brady over Carrroll, Sherman, and Lynch. That's a no-brainer.
          Last edited by Mike; February 2, 2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• In life, there will always be odd ducks.

College football is widely popular, the NFL knows this and is part of the reason why each NFL team's starting lineups announce their respective colleges.

It has always been natural to "extra cheer" for your alma mater players.

Of course it's not what it used to be.
            [Youtube]rT1nGjGM2p8[/YouTube]
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 2, 2015, 12:30 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              I think the reason you see so much support for Brady is because he'll probably go down as the greatest QB of all time. Alan Branch played for the Pats last night, too. I haven't heard a single person say they were rooting for NE because he plays for them. Plus, you have to understand the fued that Michigan and Tenessee fans have over the 97 Heisman. To see a Michigan guy become Manning's foil AGAIN is really delicious so it became normal to root for the Pats early in Brady's career. Same way it's easy for me to root for Brady over Carrroll, Sherman, and Lynch. That's a no-brainer.
              If Branch were in a more featured position, you'd hear/read more support. I follow almost all of the Michigan guys but some are harder to find than others. Guys like Ty Law, Woodson, Woodley, Graham, Foote, Brady, Denard, Griese, Wheatley, Hoard, Breaston, Manningham, Avant, Henne, Collins, Grbac, Tuman, Feely, Hutchinson, Jansen, Long, Leon & James Hall, Toomer, Desmond, and so on were all easier to follow than Branch. Even transfers like Justin Fargas and Ryan Mundy. Branch just hasn't started a bunch and plays DT.

Following him is like following a middle-reliever in baseball. Not all that easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                If Branch were in a more featured position, you'd hear/read more support. I follow almost all of the Michigan guys but some are harder to find than others. Guys like Ty Law, Woodson, Woodley, Graham, Foote, Brady, Denard, Griese, Wheatley, Hoard, Breaston, Manningham, Avant, Henne, Collins, Grbac, Tuman, Feely, Hutchinson, Jansen, Long, Leon & James Hall, Toomer, Desmond, and so on were all easier to follow than Branch. Even transfers like Justin Fargas and Ryan Mundy. Branch just hasn't started a bunch and plays DT.

Following him is like following a middle-reliever in baseball. Not all that easy.
                You follow all those guys who played at Michigan, appreciate their time in maize and blue and as a result hope they go on to a degree of success later in life? You asshole!

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                  [Youtube]rT1nGjGM2p8[/Youtube]

Michigan could have used a Strunk Flugget or two.

Comment

• God Apologies to Russell Wilson: “I didn’t think I needed to tell you to run Marshawn Lynch from the 1″

Comment

• ...... And once again, that play epitomizes Woody's theory that three things can happen on any pass play and two of 'em are bad.

Just stupefying. Love that it happened to Peety though and Brady celebrated because of it.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nice article about Devin Gardner. I hope he finds a NFL team that's willing to give him a chance. Character issues will never be a problem for him.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Probably a decent talent just ruined by his years with M.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ohio State wanted Gardner. I think they ended up settling for Taylor Graham. I always thought he would have been a really solid QB under UFM/Herman. Not so much Tressel, who was recruiting him.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Gardner had an excellent run that lasted about 10 games and then he fell apart spectacularly.

Edit: Actually he was pretty good through the end of 2013, but something happened to him over the off season that just broke him badly.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; April 27, 2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Gardner 'could've' been a very good option, dual-threat QB in an offense that was suited to his strengths.

Comment

Working...
                                X