No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think some of the shit that Brady's lawyer threw out there yesterday might stick.

I also think that the notion that Goodell might have directed a sting operation against the Patriots to catch them, and especially Bilechick, in rule breaking has some truth to it.

If these lawyers can connect the dots and show that Goodell was involved in this kind of skullduggery, Goodell is going to look really bad ...... as if he doesn't already.

Anyway, high sports drama at its best.

Speaking of which, I heard this piece of crap written by Frank Deford on NPR yesterday.

The Patriots quarterback was recently suspended for his apparent role in underinflating game balls. For commentator Frank Deford, "Deflategate" is as much about Brady's vanity as it is about victory.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The virtually indisputable fact is this: the Patriots deflated balls below NFL thresholds after inspection by the officials. This was intentional. IMO, there is absolutely no fucking way some Pats equipment guy would do anything to footballs without Tom Brady's EXPRESS approval.

Whether the four games is appropriate or not (and I have zero problem with it), the underlying cheating ain't going away. A deserved asterisk.

The idea that there was a "sting" is hilarious. The Colts complained about the balls when they played in the regular season. They thought they were under-inflated. When they played again it's fairly obvious that they would be concerned. If the "sting" operation is to be believed, then Goodall had to brilliantly get the Colts to take issue with PSI in the regular season knowing that they'd eventually play in the AFC Title game and then, BAM!!!! Gotcha!!! LMAO. They intentionally and willfully cheated. They got caught.
      Last edited by iam416; May 14, 2015, 07:51 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Patriots should do the smart thing and make some equipment manager take the fall and say that he acted alone. Isn't that what USC did?

Comment

• Well, the Pats have already proclaimed that nothing happened but suspended both dudes without pay suggesting, well, that something did happen.

Q: So, you deflated the balls without Brady knowing?
          A: Yes, I liked to fuck with his mind. Sometimes I'd overinflate. Sometimes underinflate. It was hilarious.
          Q: And he didn't mind?
          A: Nah, he didn't really care about the footballs.

Comment

• Plausible deniability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Plausible deniability.
              Independence Day.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Plausible deniability.
                This ain't a court of law, though. Try the plausible deniability defense out on your employer if you're ever in a pickle. Godspeed.

And it's not plausible, IMO.

Comment

• It's as plausible as any other scenario in which someone claims that an overzealous subordinate acted on behalf of his superiors without telling them.

Also -- LMAO at a Tressel apologist pooh-poohing plausible deniability.
                  Last edited by Hannibal; May 14, 2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• I think I already mentioned JT, but I guess fair is fair...

...LMMFAO at a "Burn Tressel at the Staker" for relying on plausible deniability.

Incidentally, the NFL suspended Tressel for twice as many games as Brady. The NFL. Remember that. The NFL. For acts while at Ohio State that had zero, I mean ZERO effect on the NFL. Let that sink in.

Comment

• And it suspended Pryor as well. As an institution you know you're bottom-of-the-barrel when the NFL, of all organizations, finds your approach to ethics inferior.

Comment

• It's actually not a very good comparison for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that the mountain of evidence piled up against Jim Tressel actually dwarfs the "probably" evidence in deflategate. The two would be comparable if...

1. Tom Brady had been caught doing the exact same thing with a different team ten years ago.
                        2. There was e-mail evidence that Tom Brady was well aware of the cheating.
                        3. Multiple people were on the record saying that Tom Brady knew about it.

and

4. Tom Brady's job description actually included enforcing compliance with the rules.

All four of those apply for Tressel's cheating, which is why plausible deniability is the only thing that has kept his entire coaching record from being erased. And in his case, it's not even remotely "plausible".

Comment

• Well, that didn't take long to dip into fantasy land. Flat Earth time.

Like I said, the NFL suspended Tressel for 8 games for nothing relating to the NFL. NOTHING. Brady got 4 for obviously and intentionally cheating.

Comment

• Tressel was suspended for a lifetime of cheating and lying in college football and sadly I suppose during his slimy personal life as well. Best decision Goodell ever made, it is good to be King.

However, Brady and the Pats will make RGs life miserable over next few months with an incessant legal appeal and PR blitz, in the end, Brady gets only 2 games and a reduction in the fine.
                            Serious motivation to add another Super Bowl by the greatest player to ever play in the NFL.

Sadly the games played on Park Avenue mean more than the games played on the field.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Like I said, if the NFL finds your governance standards wanting and steps in to remedy that extent, then you know you're a pretty far ways away from playing a constructive role in society.

Comment

• Sadly the games played on Park Avenue mean more than the games played on the field.

It's fine for now because it keeps the hype going, but where does this go long-term? Goodell's not far off from becoming the NFL's Vince McMahon.

Comment

Working...
                                X