No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAMbR4Vrvg"]Jim Harbaugh & Tom Brady Play a Little Catch - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• The Lions may actually be good ...... not Barry Sanders era good but but good, nonetheless, with Matthew Stafford.

Was expecting to see the Lions collapse to the lowly Bears in the NFC North after Stafford's second interception and a pic-6 putting the Bears on top. Instead, as they've done all season with Stafford getting it done late, he drives the Lions inside the Bear's 10 and scores on third and goal with a QB scramble to go up 20-17 with just under a minute, 30 left. Defense holds on 4th an 11 and Stafford gets the kneel down for the win.

This may be the first couple of Lions games I've watched in 25 years. It's kinda nice to have them seemingly back and in the play-offs ----- where I don't think they have much of a chance.

It's a start ........ never mind. The Fords
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lions actually have a defense that is playoff caliber. When is last time they've had a good secondary?

Comment

• DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE DOES NOT COMPUTE

Comment

• If the season ended today the Lions would have a first round bye as a second seed

Comment

• With only the Bowl season left, and the Lions are 9-4. Im actually looking forward to the rest of Lions season, next game @ NY Giants. What could go wrong? Things will not be good from here on out for the Lions.

Comment

• Lions have had a super soft schedule to date and have the help of the NFL North being weaker than expected with the Vikings & Packers both unlikely to make the playoffs. Next two games vs Giants & Cowboys make up for that soft schedule so far; we'll get to see how good they really are.

Comment

• News: Dislocated middle finger on Stafford's throwing hand. Think that dooms the Leos.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    If the season ended today the Lions would have a first round bye as a second seed
                    But they do play 3 teams that they are likely underdogs against. This thing ain't over yet.

Comment

• Last I looked the Giants play outside, and it should be cold - not good for Dome teams

Comment

• With Stafford's dislocated middle finger on his throwing hand I think the Leos are in real trouble. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Ezekiel Elliott is nearing Dickerson's all-time rookie rushing record. However, if they beat the Lions next week then my guess is he and other key players take at least half of the Eagles game off, if not more.

Joey Bosa should be Defensive ROTY. He has 7.5 sacks, top 25 in the league, after missing 4 games because the Chargers be the Chargers. PFF loves him, rating him as one of the top 2 or 3 in the NFL, performance-wise, this season.

And Michael Thomas is putting together a nice season because, well, he's a WR playing with Brees.

The loss to Sparty continues to look absolutely fucking befuddling.

More importantly, Stillers rally to set up North showdown with Ravens. It's probably an elimination game. A loss means Pittsburgh finishes 10-6. If the Dolphins win at Buffalo, then the worst they can do is 10-6 and they have the tiebreaker over Pittsburgh. Alternatively, KC needs to lose its last two games (vs Den; @ SD). So, yeah, F the Ravens.

That dipshitted and infernal loss to the Cowboys could really hose the Stillers.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Watching the Lions go ahead by a TD, in Detroit, over the Pack.

Lions already earned a play-off spot (surprisingly with a loss by Washington to the Giants). The Giants win means the Lions are at least the No. 6 seed in the playoffs. Right now, the 6th seed would travel to Seattle to play the Seahawks. The Lions can improve to the No. 4 seed -- and get a home game against the Giants -- with a win tonight against the Packers.

I rarely watch NFL football but, in light of the current debate on what Harbaugh needs to do to get M to the CFP and beyond, I think watching what NFL teams do on offense can be instructive.

If you look at the Lions and Stafford, Stafford is a lot like Speight but the Lions use a lot more 3 and 4 wides than M uses. I think this has been brought up by Hanni ...... need more of this..... and I agree.

It's a little bit of a mystery why this didn't show up more in M's offense. Seems Harbaugh prefers the TEs and what they bring off the PA given Speight and a shaky OL. Four wides going verticle takes more time to evolve than using your TEs; about 3 seconds worth of protection for Speight that the coaches probably correctly assumed wasn't there.

Anyway, you can see where Harbaugh wants to go, I think. A well executed NFL style offense modeling that of the current era can work at the college level..... maybe.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Taylor Decker!
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tom Brady for MVP Wins SB wins SB MVP tells Goodell gfysf

Comment

Working...
                                X