No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never expected Henne to be more than an 'average' NFL caliber QB and I don't think others here did either. He's good at enough at what he does that if he were to land in an ideal system and had very good talent around him; he'd be really successful. I don't follow the NFL much so no clue if those things are true for Henne to be successful.

Comment

• OP is right..Manning has/had complete authority over that offense, and it will show this year. People have always said the Colts were a sub-.500 team without Manning. They are going to be right this year. Same can be said for the Patriots/Brady sometimes, though maybe not as extreme.

As a side note, I thought I saw a freshly started block M tat underneath that famous left arm tattoo of Jake Long. Anyone notice that?! Has it always been there? It was just a faint outline, so maybe it's in the works, or meant to be subtle.

Comment

• The Pats actually did quite well when Brady went down, as Cassel was a good backup. I think they flamed out come playoff time, but a lot of why Brady has been successful is that he fell into a great situation. Not that he isn't awesome--his unbelievable accuracy and ability to check-off at the line really make that offense, but if he had say gone to someone like the Lions where he would have been mashed into a pulp by opposing defenses, I don't know that he would be, well, TOM BRADY!
        Last edited by Jamie H; September 16, 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Actually, it looks like they missed the playoffs in Cassel's year, even though they went 11-5.

Comment

• 10-5 with Cassel as the starter, coming off an 18-1 year.

Comment

• The Colts of this year also have guys like Addai and Clark coming back off of injuries so I am not sure how good they would've been with Manning but they sure looked god-awful with Kerry Collins last week. I think this might've been the year that the Colts collectively got old and started sliding back.

Now, they might do poorly enough to land Andrew Luck.

Comment

• Meanwhile, I think the Lions have a great shot to go 2-0 tomorrow!

Comment

• Not since 1980......

Comment

• 11 straight wins counting pre-season... My areas of concern on the Lions (I don't follow NFL off-season much) were mostly OL, LB & DB. They've had major upgrades at every spot...

Stafford has as much time to throw that I can remember for a Lions QB, this should temper the concerns of him being potentially injured too. Guards aren't very talented and and aren't creating holes for the run game (this needs addressed for next season) but the offense uses a lot of short passes/screens in addition to failed attempts to get the RB's to the corner where you lessen your OL's run blocking weakness... Pettigrew is a terrific receiving tight end...

Lions cover 2 is a good fit for their 'young' safeties and the exceptional defensive line allows them to get pressure while very rarely blitzing. This allows the linebackers to help in coverage and lessen the weakness of the corners. Levy is a potential Pro Bowl talent and Tulloch looks like a good fit at MLB...

This team certainly still has holes/weaknesses (OL, CB, etc.) but so did most all of team in last seasons postseason.

Comment

• Not sure about a major upgrade on the O-line and our beloved Wolverine Jeff Backus had a god-awful game yesterday.

Hopefully, upgrades are coming soon.

Comment

• Apparently, Tom Brady caught wind of my chop-job on Sunday and followed suit:

Comment

• I guess Brady got his man-card back from Giselle.

Comment

• Don't look now but Jimmy Ballgame is about to be 4-1.

Comment

• He's still Jimmy Ballgame .... I'm glad he's right were he is and not on M's sideline.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'd be good with him here and I am also still liking what Coach Hoke & Co. are doing so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X