X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTFO

Comment

• Correct
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ABC....easy as 1-2-3.

ESAD

GFY

WWCAW

HHHHUUUUYYYYAAAAKKKKK....my little siiiillkkkkky boys....

:::shit wrong moniker:::

LAIRS!!!

:::shit wrong moniker again:::
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• How is the paper mache hip holding up, Wiz?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              How is the paper mache hip holding up, Wiz?
              ...shaddup AA...it's made out of the same material as the space shuttle...and your golf clubs...perhaps even The Nick's walking stick too...now STFU...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Can someone explain to me why this forum allows The Wizard to post?
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• AA gave me access...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I gave you abscess.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• This is too long, the NC game should have been played Monday.

Comment

• They have succeeded in making the CFP Title game a mini-Super Bowl...

...but remember...they are students first...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is a rather long and somewhat over-done piece by SI where the writer asks, why is CFB attendance falling? There's no doubt that it is and apparently ADs are both worried about it and trying to attract attendees. The author focuses on the more specific decline in student-ticket sales and provides this in conclusion .......

OK, I get this but it's really not, IMO, the fundamental problem. That CFB games are less competitive and scheduling often produces those kinds of games is mentioned and so is conference alignments that are designed not to produce competitive games but to optimize TV viewership (and attendant revenue). It goes back to the "level playing field" that, IMO, has been compromised.

You could argue that "shifting realities" for students contributes to the decline in butts in seats but something has to be done to make more games and the CFB season more competitive. Right now, the top teams are blowing out their competition and dominating appearances in the CFP and NY6 games. A good portion of the regular CFB season is comprised of shit games. The post-season outside the CFP has become a wasteland of uninteresting, poorly attended bowl games.

You'd think the NCAA Board of Governors (the College presidents) would be seeing the rich getting richer, and because of that the gap between the halves and have-nots widening, would move to make changes to reverse the ever increasing decline in CFB game attendance. Nationwide realignment and conference scheduling are two things to be done along with the concurrent development of a CFP that mirrors what the pro-leagues have obtained. I don't think these steps are that hard but institutional momentum that favors the status-quo is hard to overcome.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/01/1...e-decline-ncaa
                          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; January 11, 2020, 09:24 AM.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The reasons are rather simple, and it's not really schedule.:

1. Games are more and more expensive.

2. Every game is on TV.

3. Everyone has a big HD TV.

In sum: you save a lot of time and money: don't have traffic, parking, $200 tix, $7 hotdogs, and lines to the restroom. In the old days, 2, 3 games a year were on and everyone had a tiny, shitty def TV.

Comment

• All true ...... but watching on TV, to me anyway, is such drudgery. Poor productions from a technical standpoint, announcers who are forced to cram useless shit into the broadcast because that's what producers think keeps interest levels high and ridiculous human interest stories/sideline commentary that routinely ends up cutting play action.

Admittedly, the live, in-game experience isn't that much better with ticket prices approaching $200 (Big House, goal line seats, opponent side of the field, premium games, e.g., ND, MSU, osu this season), $40 parking for those premium games, bottle of water $4.75, beverages $6, food items $10 and up, multiple 2m:30s media time outs where teams stand around losing momentum if its going that way, crammed into bench seating between large humans, etc. Its crazy expensive ....... and while as an Alabama fan you don't suffer the excruciatingly bad losses that M fans suffer, I have, on several occassions recently sworn not to renew season tickets - but I keep doing it, every time thinking more and more it's not worth it

I have a fun tail gate group that includes my son who lives in Saline and that's what keeps me going to games actually. But watching them live, especially for me as an M fan is getting harder and harder to justify the travel and expenses.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I agree that live is better and I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years.

But a middle class family of 4 bleeds cash to go to the game and your whole Saturday is toast. Watch on the 65in 4K HD, sit in your recliner, drink beer, save hundreds of dollars, and still get some things done that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X