No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he did go to Texas then it'd really hurt Ohio State on two potential fronts. First, OSU has 2 5* kids from Texas for the class of 2022 and is in on a couple more highly regarded kids from Texas. Hard to imagine UFM wouldn't change that equation. Second, 2 key cogs in the OSU program are UFM guys and an up and comer -- the QB Coach -- is his son-in-law. I could easily see them following him to Texas.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The two most plum college jobs are Texas and USC. Both are better jobs than Alabama and OSU and others because of recruiting and the level of conference comp you face.

If he’s gonna get back in the game, those are the two best, most logical choices.

But if I were him, sticking with TV is the easy path. Good money, good hours, low pressure.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Speaking of old coaches, Bob Stoops is on the field at OU:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            The two most plum college jobs are Texas and USC. Both are better jobs than Alabama and OSU and others because of recruiting and the level of conference comp you face.

If he’s gonna get back in the game, those are the two best, most logical choices.

But if I were him, sticking with TV is the easy path. Good money, good hours, low pressure.
            Disagree on USC. Fan enthusiasm sucks compared to most of the SEC and the B1G. And cost of living in LA means you need way higher pay for the same lifestyle.

Comment

• IMHO the Top 5, in no particular order:

UTexas
              LSU
              OSU
              Florida
              Florida State

Comment

• He had a chance for USC.

Comment

• My list is different:

USC
                  Texas
                  Notre Dame

Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Florida State, and Oklahoma, LSU tied for 4th.

Nebraska, Miami, Wisconsin, and Michigan after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Disagree on USC. Fan enthusiasm sucks compared to most of the SEC and the B1G. And cost of living in LA means you need way higher pay for the same lifestyle.
                    Yes but you get Snoop Dogg and Will Farrell on your sideline...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Yes but you get Snoop Dogg and Will Farrell on your sideline...
                      USC has a decent fanbase, has Cali recruits, and it’s easy to sell the 5-star rockstars in the flyover states on the beaches and LA lifestyle. The Trojans are a traditional powerhouse. Top 5. And you face very beatable teams. What John McKay, John Robinson, Pete Carroll and a few others did there is doable for any good coach.

Comment

• USC is in the hood. A very bad hood.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I’ve been on campus a few times. And you’re right, there are some bad neighborhoods close by. Nothing like Miami. Hell, Columbus and Tuscaloosa have some bad areas. And Nebraska has tractor rapists. Someone will win at USC. Hell, Clay has won some and he’s essentially a slightly better Mike Shula.

Comment

• I’d rank Ohio State in the top 3.

Comment

• I don't think that I would put USC in Top 5, and I also think that it is easier to win at LSU, Florida, or Florida State than it is to win at USC or ND. I think that ND's gradual loss of mystique over the past 20 years has really hurt their ability to recruit at the same level as programs like Texas, OSU, etc. I don't get the impression that young kids grow up around the country dreaming of going to Notre Dame the way that they did when I was a kid. Recruiting coverage wasn't nearly as sophisticated 20-25 years ago, but remember Michigan jousting Lou Holtz for Top 5 recruiting classes a lot back in those days. This decade, they have had only one Top 5 recruiting class (per Rivals).

Comment

• Historically, in no particular order, the top programs are Bama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Tennessee on the outside looking in. Those latter 4 or 5 are hard to grade because it’s just been so long since the they were relevant (recency bias). Anyway, An argument can be made for and against USC being top 5. But arguing 7th or 8th instead of 4th or 5th or whatever is silly because there is no agreed upon calculus of metrics.

And I absolutely think it’s easier to win at USC than LSU. LSU plays in the SEC West. USC faces shitball PAC-12 teams.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; December 1, 2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X