No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its probably sustainable due to media love right now.

For the long term, they have to keep their coach, and they need to get into a real conference. I'm surprised that the Pac 10 hasn't tried to add them.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I tried watching that HBO show but it was such a poor excuse for "journalism" that I had to turn it off after about five minutes. Apparently, nobody at HBO understands the difference between "revenue" and "profit". Not to mention, they act as if the tuition, free room and board, and admission to a university that they probably wouldn't otherwise get into doesn't act as compensation.

Comment

• I thought they mentioned and covered what the cost of "the ride" was well enough. RR was useless though. I thought Billy Packer was gong to have a stroke defending the NCAA

Apparently, nobody at HBO understands the difference between "revenue" and "profit".
        I thought they made it clear that U-M had so much revenue, so much expense and therefore so much profit from football.
        Last edited by Tony G; April 2, 2011, 10:34 AM.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Tony Barnhardt is not one of my favorite sports journalists, in fact, he's a bit of a dork ....... but I like the idea of the top 1/2 of the CFB world leaving the NCAA and reorgainizing under a powerful Commisioner who rules the confernces much like the NFL's Commissioner rules the Divisions AND the owners under a set of agreed upon rules.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• best assistant hires, according to this article
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Tony Barnhardt is not one of my favorite sports journalists, in fact, he's a bit of a dork ....... but I like the idea of the top 1/2 of the CFB world leaving the NCAA and reorgainizing under a powerful Commisioner who rules the confernces much like the NFL's Commissioner rules the Divisions AND the owners under a set of agreed upon rules.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ty-on-the-line

probably is easier to increase punishments or ban coaches for multiple years. The money is too big that teams will take the risks. Auburn made a ton of cash last year and it was worth it in their eyes. Make the punishments harder to scare more people away.

Comment

• No mention of Mattison?

I suppose Borges might be a sleeper but he sucked in his last two years at Auburn when he had zero talent and got fired because of it and did not distinguish himself any where else. I didn't hear anyone scrambling to hire him after Hoke got hired away from SDSU at M (maybe because everyone knew he was going to follow Hoke)

Mattison is probably the best assistant hire in all of CFB in 2011 ..... but, yes, I'm biased.
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 4, 2011, 08:04 PM.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, I'm biased, too, but they got that one wrong. Mattison should have gotten the nod there.

Have you heard any of these new M recruiting targets talking about how much they want to play for Al Borges?! No offense to Borges, but Mattison has credibility with kids AND parents that no one else on this M staff has, IMO.

Comment

• Mattison is probably the best assistant hire in all of CFB in 2011
                    Biased or not that the truth, maybe he left him out b/c Hoke is also new?

Comment

• No, Borges made the list for the B10.

Comment

• Gilmore also made the Pac10 list... perhaps this guy has some flaws in his analysis.

Comment

• Looking for decent horn fans is like looking for a diamond in a goat's arse. You might find one, but it ain't worth all the schidt you have to go through to get to it.

Comment

• South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia has been indefinitely suspended from the football program.

More...

Comment

• Northern Illinois linebacker Devon Butler was in critical condition Wednesday after being shot off-campus.

More...

Comment

• The Tennessee Titans have settled their lawsuit with the University of Southern California over Trojans coach Lane Kiffin's hiring away an assistant coach just before training camp last July.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X