The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Geez, I don't like going out in public when I'm not feeling well, let alone when I'm facing major felony criminal charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      PSU will dedicate tomorrow's win to Paterno and plans to deliver the game ball to him after beating Nebraska tomorrow.

that is correct.. they will hand deliver the game ball to Joe Pa after they win. They're counting on it.
      So much for the Penn State nation doing some soul searching and reevaluating their priorities.

Comment

• I guess if you haven't been buggered at Penn State, you just don't understand?!?
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
          I guess if you haven't been buggered at Penn State, you just don't understand?!?

people outside of enabler U just don't get it. so mind your own business
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It's a very sad tragedy and if I was a student at PSU, I'd actually be ashamed.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Geez, I don't like going out in public when I'm not feeling well, let alone when I'm facing major felony criminal charges.
              How could he not go to Dick's? (someone had to say it)

Someone earlier asked about the former U-M coach in this position. It probably would have been a sad day for U-M because Glenn Edward Schembechler would have probably gone nuclear on the perp and had a fatal heart attack.
              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Jerry Sandusky Recruited For Penn State In 2011, According To Report

by Jason Kirk

Read More: Penn St. Nittany Lions

We knew former Penn St. Nittany Lions defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky still held a position within the program despite retiring more than a decade ago, maintaining an office and access to all football facilities. We know he's alleged to have used much of that access for evil, too. And we also know Joe Paterno and Tim Curley knew of the allegations and the grand jury investigation, but still allowed him on campus up until the week of his arrest.

And now we're learning Sandusky was reportedly still recruiting for Penn State while under grand jury investigation for child sexual abuse.

According to Adam Ah Ching, a 2012 South Carolina linebacker with offers from BYU and Georgia Tech, among others, that's the case:

"He came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am," said Ah Ching.

But days after Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing young boys, leading to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier, Ah Ching scratched Penn State off his list of where he'd continue his football career.

Comment

• Yow--that is the first I've heard of Sandusky still being actively involved with the football team.

Comment

• These things should be simple: 1. When, as an adult, you come come across another adult raping a small child, you should a) do everything in your power to rescue that child from the rapist, b) call…

good read

Comment

• He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,"

I wish I didn't read this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                        How could he not go to Dick's? (someone had to say it)

Someone earlier asked about the former U-M coach in this position. It probably would have been a sad day for U-M because Glenn Edward Schembechler would have probably gone nuclear on the perp and had a fatal heart attack.

this also speaks of his mindset. Not only is in in the gear of an institution he's embarrassed, but he's going to Dick's. Not only does he see himself as doing no wrong, but he's also clueless.

Comment

• McQueary put on administrative leave indefinatley and relieved of all coaching responsibilities. The first step taken to permanently get rid of him. As one commentator noted his coaching days are done. What school in its right mind would hire him?

Comment

• I think I called this upthread. I disagree with it but he may be protected.

Coach may have whistle-blower status
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• ..... the unraveling of an institutional legend. We are Penn State!

Indeed.

Frankly, I hate this for CFB.

OTH, the events resonate with me as entrenched corruption is taking a hit. Much like the Catholic Church's century's of unmitigated corruption has taken a hit, on a smaller scale, so will Penn State.

I wonder how the ground swell of morale outrage is going to affect osu .... an institution who's' corruption is equally well entrenched? Certainly, the moral outrage that could spread beyond PSU and engulf football programs like osu, Auburn, Alabama and others is occurring only among administrators trying to save their asses and the reputations of the institutions they manage. Clearly, the ground swell of moral outrage is not coming from PSU students who, in supporting Joe Paterno, have demonstrated an incredible lack of critical thinking skills. But students' don't weild shit. Administrators do.

I can see the suspiciously calculated risk of getting a quick decision from the NCAA under the cover of the PSU fiasco blowing up in gene smith's face. That would be the ultimate sweetness but I'm probably dreaming.

But it can be strange how a seemingly irrelevant occurrence (The Sandusky affair) can have wide reaching affects, some completely unexpected. The shit going down at PSU could provide a political impetus to come down hard on osu as a means of showing toughness vis-a vis PSU for which the NCAA has no involvement. Unrelated? Perhaps, but shit happens.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 11, 2011, 06:51 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nothing will change. There will be righetous demonizing of Penn State for a while followed by a return to business as usual. People love getting upset about things for a short period of time. Very rarely does that upset lead to major changes anywhere but directly where the upset is targeted. I.E. Penn State will have massive changes--but no one else will be likely to feel the effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X