Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh..........

Comment

• This comment is contained in a NYT article on the hiring of urban meyer as osu's head football coach at an astonishing annual salary and perks:

“It’s symbolic of the condition we’re in,” said William C. Friday, the president of the University of North Carolina system from 1956 to 1986. “There’s an unrestrained salary march, where universities are trying to superimpose an entertainment industry on an academic structure. Any salary in that range is excessive.”

Here's the deal. If our osu posters here reflect the general attitude of the buckeye nation - and I think they do - and if their general disregard for and dismissiveness of the egregious conduct of osu football players, their head coach and the osu administration they display by their posts here is other than trolling for a reaction from M fans, the only rational conclusion that I can reach from this is that osu has no interest in maintaining the integrity of the game nor slowing the race to the top that is destroying CFB.

I don't think I am over dramatizing. The view nationally among CFB fans is that osu is a dirty program. It will do anything to win. The hiring of urban meyer, although it appears the buckeyes would like it to be so, does not exonerate osu for their unacceptable behaviors involved in trying to get to the top of the CFB world as if this was something meaningful to accomplish in the context of university.

It is difficult for me to understand how smart people who love osu work to avoid confronting what is going on here. osu is at the point of a sword that is not at all flattering. The university is leading, by terrible example, the world of college athletics on a path that makes cheating to achieve notoriety and wins worth it. urban's compensation package promotes contests among elite sports programs for coaches that produce untenable and unsustainable salaries.

IMO, osu had a chance to set a different standard .... the one gordon gee articulated in an excellent commentary on the state of college sports one or two years ago ...... but has instead chosen to exemplify all that is rotten there by its recent conduct. It galls me to no end that osu posters here appear to dismiss rational criticism off handedly, make jokes about it and scoff at M posters here who dare to criticize. It means to me that people who I would other wise judge as smart are accepting the behavior of osu principals as perfectly OK. Shocking actually.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Pretty much spot on from mgoblog:

The one thing hiring Meyer does do is make OSU fans' assertions that they really gave themselves a tough punishment by firing/retiring Jim Tressel even more obviously crap than when they were originally peddled. The NCAA's reaction to a head coach lying to keep his most important players eligible, then lying again to get them eligible for a bowl game, is going to be pathetically weak even with the tattoos and cars and "charity" events on top of everything.

Countdown to resumption of normal activities in 3… 2… 1…
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I love being an Ohio State Buckeye. It's fantastic. And reading the above makes me all the more thankful I'm not a M fan. I couldn't stand to be associated with that.

M fans in full meltdown....HOW DARE YOU HIRE THE BEST COACH OUT THERE!!!! HOW DARE YOU! 2926 DAYS OF MISERY AND YOU GIVE US 48 HOURS BEFORE TRUMPING OUR ASS AGAIN!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

Dress it up with some of the most hilarious righteous indignation and utter bullshit I've ever read, and it's just too perfect. TOO perfect.

LMMFAO. 361 days and its back to business as usual. Oh man, I'm so giddy.
          Last edited by iam416; November 29, 2011, 01:00 PM.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Whatever it takes OlieO scum to try to forget their loss at the hands of the Wolverines.

We are giddy because we won and have demonstrated a bright future, you pretend to be giddy because you THINK Turdbin brings you a bright future.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Why would I want to forget it? I'm going to be there in 361 days, and remembering everything about last Saturday will only make that day all the more enjoyable.

Plus, it's just 1. It's easy to remember all of the details. I'd imagine after nearly 3000 days of misery, they all sort of bleed together.

Comment

• Urban Legend, a legend in his own mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I love being an Ohio State Buckeye. It's fantastic. And reading the above makes me all the more thankful I'm not a M fan. I couldn't stand to be associated with that.

M fans in full meltdown....HOW DARE YOU HIRE THE BEST COACH OUT THERE!!!! HOW DARE YOU! 2926 DAYS OF MISERY AND YOU GIVE US 48 HOURS BEFORE TRUMPING OUR ASS AGAIN!!!! HOW DARE YOU!

Dress it up with some of the most hilarious righteous indignation and utter bullshit I've ever read, and it's just too perfect. TOO perfect.

LMMFAO. 361 days and its back to business as usual. Oh man, I'm so giddy.
                  You've always struck me as an intelligent guy for a buckeye. For the most part, I've treated your presence here at this Michigan sports forum respectfully.

Its been difficult to do this over the last few months. That is because of your dismissveness of the posts of reasonable members here concerning the behavior of osu football players and principals within osu that makes the university look bad. Maybe they aren't as bad as it appears, I would actually like to be convinced that they aren't and I'm willing to listen. But I've not heard a single credible argument from you or dsl that would lead me to believe that they aren't as bad as they look if not worse.

You've done a good job of minimizing events and stating the facts don't allow conclusions that myself and others have made here that there is enough maleficence to convict, if not in the legal sense, in a way that any reasonable man would allow. I'd suspect your view would be we aren't going to listen to logic because we are Michigan fans. It's that kind of stubbornness on your part that makes my tolerance of your continuing posts on the matters at hand wane.

I don't think there is single Michigan fan who was not ashamed by the behavior of Chris Webber and the damage his conduct did to the reputation of the university. There were some who felt that the University of Michigan President's office and the Regents did a lot of unnecessary self flagellation that produced more damaging sanctions form the NCAA than may have been imposed had they taken a circle the wagons approach and stonewalled ..... something they could have very easily done.

But they didn't and while the result of that action was painful for Michigan sports, in the end it was the right thing to do to try to counter the stink spreading in college sports by setting a good example. In 2009 when the Rosenberg piece hit the sports world many M fans complained again that the U was too open, too cooperative and ended up embarrassing the football program beyond what it needed to do. M took a hit mostly at Rich Rodriguez's expense. The damage that did is made clear in John Bacon's book .... three years of it where RR was so engrossed in fending off his critics that he had Little energy left to run a football program. The results were on display when Michigan football took the field.

Meanwhile, football programs like osu and their fans march to a different drummer. They make light of or dismiss rule breaking, cheating and lying. osu officials make press releases and public announcements that are so clearly timed to turn the existing dialog - usually bad and detrimental to osu - reshape it to their liking, it is laughable. You do the same thing here. It's wrong. I'm sick of it.

Some contrition and humility in these matters would do wonders for osu and the buckeye nation. An admission that the conduct of the osu players, coaches and administrators that were involved in the seedy events of the last two years at osu embarrass you would be nice to hear. But I don't expect it and I think that it is sad for you and sad for college sports.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 29, 2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Damn. I remember what it was like to have to be giddy about a coaching hire because we had nothing else going for us at the time. Poor Buckeye fans. The highlight of their year was a press conference.

Comment

• That is because of your dismissveness of the posts of reasonable members here concerning the behavior of osu football players and principals within osu that makes the university look bad.
                      I've yet to dismiss any post from any reasonable member here. Of course, I haven't had the opportunity. What's remarkable -- stunning, even -- is that you'd consider yourself some great beacon of reasonableness in this matter.

I'd suspect your view would be we aren't going to listen to logic because we are Michigan fans. It's that kind of stubbornness on your part that makes my tolerance of your continuing posts on the matters at hand wane.
                      I know *you're* not going to listen to logic or facts. Indeed, your assertion that you've "not heard a single credible argument from [me]" on these matters is proof positive.

WRT to Coach UFM, I look at it this way. For 10 years we had a "goody goody" coach who was vanilla, who pushed his kids to do charity work, who pushed OSU's APR to nearly #1, who never negatively recruited, who always carried himself in public with the utmost class, and when he slipped up, the frenzy to demonize him as something comparable to Hitler was stunning. Indeed, you, of all people, accusing anyone of lack of perspective on Coach Tressel is height of f'n hypocrisy. But he was torn to shreds. The public loves it -- the ol' conservative doing drugs/having an affair paradigm.

So, after all that "goody goody" nonsense, I say f'n bring it. We have our guy. There's none of Tressel's (obviously phony to you) nonsense about building character and fine young men and all that jazz. F that noise. It's now relentlessly about winning. Pure. Simple. Unmitigated. Genuine. And I love it.

You know, you can castrate yourself and throw yourself upon the ground pleading for forgiveness from those who hate you to begin with (apparently, OSU should have hired a bad head coach to make things right...LMMFAO), or you can embrace the hate and shove a boot up their ass. Meet Mr. Boot.

And with that, I'm done, forever, talking Coach Tressel with you. My comments are on the record for all to see. If you want to know how I feel, feel free to scroll back through the OSU thread.

If you want to know how I feel right now -- GREAT.
                      Last edited by iam416; November 29, 2011, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Hanni, I have to say, I like that tact. Thought the stuff the other day was a bit weak, but I appreciate that sass.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          So, after all that "goody goody" nonsense, I say f'n bring it. We have our guy. There's none of Tressel's (obviously phony to you) nonsense about building character and fine young men and all that jazz. F that noise. It's now relentlessly about winning. Pure. Simple. Unmitigated. Genuine. And I love it.

You know, you can castrate yourself and throw yourself upon the ground pleading for forgiveness from those who hate you to begin with (apparently, OSU should have hired a bad head coach to make things right...LMMFAO), or you can embrace the hate and shove a boot up their ass. Meet Mr. Boot. If you want to know how I feel right now -- GREAT.
                          If you actually mean this it is the embodiment of the idiotic osu fan base. I hope its an act for the purposes of internet chatter. If its not, you debase yourself.

My post wasn't about tressel. It was about the collective behaviors of osu players and the osu athletic department and the osu president that makes osu look bad. They still look bad and you've not yet provided a single credible argument to CFB fans nationally to cause them to let that perception go. Clearly, you don't care. That's fine.

The osu football program is no longer on top. In fact, its in the pits so, there's no argument available that says top dog's always take hits. osu is not a top dog. It remains a stinking pile of shit stained by cheating and lying.

Can you answer why you keep responding to my posts if you are done talking about it with me? This is probably the fifth time you've done that. The truth usually burns the ass of those unsure of their positions.

Comment

• I mean it.

Whoops, I suppose that counts as another "response."

Comment

• OShitU is 6-6 having lost to a 6-6 Purdue a 6-6 Miami UM, MSU a scandal ridden PSU among others. It is facing NCAA sanctions. It has hired a coach who is 0-1 against its biggest rival. (Hell the "Great John Cooper' was at least 1-0 against UM when OshitU annoited him the next savior. Talent that stupid fuck posted how he "chuckled" when Miller overthrew a wide open Posey with the possible winning TD. Yeah, I bet that "chuckle" was so grand it probably brought the Columbus police to his house to see if he was still beating his wife. But they probably couldn't find the source of the wailing because the whole city was in meltdown. The "most glorious day" when these douchebags have to anticipate almost an entire year to see if Oscar Meyer can actually restore OshitU to its former glory. Yeah......right! Fuck 'em I say. They deserve no more than that.
                              Last edited by UMStan White; November 29, 2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• We should start an over/under pool for the first time Meyer is admitted to a Columbus hospital with health issues. I'm guessing sometime in the 2013 season. It will probably take a year or so for the stress to build up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X