No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it was Navarre. He even caught a TD pass!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
      Yeah it was Navarre. He even caught a TD pass!
      Or, as referred to him back then, John F'n Navarre

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        VT season ticket holders...

They have been notified that there will be a new/change in ticket holder seats for this year. (the last time this happened was in2005) All season ticket holders that are Hokie Club members go first and are grouped in 15 groups. Ticket holders that have been holders since the stadium was built go first, and then 2-15 are compiled by donation amount and longevity matrix. They will be given a pin by the University to use in a practice setting for the month of March. The holder can go to the website and login and identify seats and combination of seats. In April they will be given a date and a realtime pin and be given 4 min. time frame where they are the only person in the system, and can pick their seats. The University hopes to do 80 persons per day.

=========

interesting approach
        What is the reason for this---stadium construction/renovation? Seating re-configuration?

Comment

• God bless that young man

*Wipes away a tear*

Comment

• I remember it vividly. Watched on our motel room TV on the weekend of my wife's 50th class reunion at Albion College. Incredible comeback. Glad I didn't turn it off before the 4th quarter.

Reminds me of occasions where the home team is losing and the fans start to leave early to beat the crowd. Then while heading for the parking lot they hear that roar coming from inside the stadium. How many here have had that experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
              Like the SEC, the ACC, the PAC-12, the Big XII, and the Big East? All of those leagues scheduled Thursday night conference games last year. Even the Big Ten had a team play on Thursday night last year-- Wisconsin hosted UNLV on opening night. The stadium was full. The crowd seemed to have a good time. I've been to Thursday night games at Virginia Tech, and I've never noticed empty seats or a lack of enthusiasm. I seriously doubt the republic will crumble if Big Ten teams occasionally play on Thursday nights. Now, I have no problem with the Big Ten deciding that mid-week games aren't worth scheduling, either, but I suspect if the Big Ten gets a major network broadcast package(or even if there's a need to expand BTN programming to compete with other conference networkss), the network is going to want primetime games during winnable timeslots. That would dictate weeknight games.
              Wow, JRB, I knew some of those conferences had done an occasional Thursday night game (or maybe even some other mid-week or Friday night game)---I just didn't know all those conferences had prostituted themselves to ESPN/Disney Dollars. Guess I should have done a little homework on the subject.

Doesn't change my take on it though---as I posted, the only mid-week game grudgingly accept as a season-ticket would be if it were opening week leading up to Labor Day weekend. Once the season starts, though, Football Saturdays are the holy day of obligation, to paraphrase ol' Bob Ufer!

Comment

• Game 5 Pistons/Nets in '04 -- that crazy triple-OT game. I left (the bar at least and not the arena) before Billups' 3.

Now I too recall that that Minny game was a Thursday night. I watched with my father-in-law, and somehow was totally confident in the comeback. He has never questioned my football acumen since. (Dumb luck!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                  What is the reason for this---stadium construction/renovation? Seating re-configuration?
                  I think reconfiguration. Just interesting how they are doing it.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ent and I went to the Thursday night game at Kansas State in 2010...had a blast. Spent Thursday afternoon downing beers in Aggieville on a beautiful September day while most everyone else we knew was locked in their offices, and took Friday off for a nice extended weekend. Wouldn?t want to see more than one Thursday game a year, but every now and then it can be a nice changeup

Comment

• "Now I too recall that that Minny game was a Thursday night. I watched with my father-in-law, and somehow was totally confident in the comeback. He has never questioned my football acumen since. (Dumb luck!) "

Christ! How many times do I have to tell you it was Friday night! If you can prove it was Thursday night I'll never post a nasty word about you again (but if I'm right, you have to leave for a month!)

Comment

• hoss... yea, we had a good time at KSU. Except for the "mile" walk....
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• MINNEAPOLIS (AP)?John Navarre directed the biggest comeback in Michigan history and put the Wolverines back into the thick of the Big Ten race.
                          Garrett Rivas kicked a 33-yard field goal with 47 seconds left to cap Michigan?s 31-point fourth quarter as the 20th-ranked Wolverines rallied for a 38-35 victory over No. 17 Minnesota on Friday night.

Forgot that Minny was ranked higher than us that week.
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• See ya Hack!

Comment

• I remember that ESPN commentators repeatedly suggested that Carr lost control of his team.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Nobody did less with more (save '97) than LC
                                Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

Working...
                                X