No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next NCAA scandal will help tumble us out of the spotlight...should be happening before the start of the season/ Let's go Ducks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Northwest Missouri State football coach Scott Bostwick died on Sunday morning, the school announced.

Bostwick, 49, died of an apparent heart attack.

Bostwick got the head coaching job in December, replacing long time Bearcats coach Mel Tjeerdsma.

Bostwick had been the program?s defensive coordinator, serving as an assistant for all 17 of Tjeerdsma?s seasons.

In that span, the Bearcats appeared in seven NCAA Division II national championship games, winning three titles with the last coming in 2009.

Before joining the Northwest staff, Bostwick coached for four years at Western Washington University in Mt. Vernon, Wash.

Bostwick played at Nebraska Wesleyan and was inducted in the school?s athletic hall of fame.
      Shit. First Mel retires, then this? The worm has turned for NWMSU apparently.

Comment

• More on the hilarious backstabbing going on in Morgantown, from a slightly less crazy WVU blog...

Your best source for quality West Virginia Mountaineers news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.

The Charleston Daily Mail has picked up on the story, too...

Last edited by JRB; June 6, 2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• USC loses its 2004 BCS national title...

Comment

• Good.

Comment

• Vacating wins is pretty much meaningless. Both the UPI and the AP retain USC as the MNC for that year. The BcS also vacated USC's 'participation' the next year when they lost to Texas in the Rose Bowl. Friggin' meaningless.

Games should be forfeited, not vacated. Give the cheaters big fat losses in the record books. Thats what cheaters fear the most. Since CFB has devolved into little more than money whores, hit the athletic departments where it hurts them most...in the pocket. If you want the NCAA to have real teeth, empower them to confiscate all TV and radio revenue for the sport and give it to their opponents' schools. ADs would rather be caught bayonetting puppies than give up their precious dollars.

Maybe legislation should be introduced that makes collegiate sports a non-profit entity. You can't spend more money than operating expenses for that specific sport. Let upgrades and new facilities come from private donations or fund raising. Furthermore, don't allow networks to broadcast more than 2 consecutive games for any given team. Then you won't have shitfests like ESPN or Fox monopolizing entire seasons.

Ok everybody, rise up and make me King!!!
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The Mountain West Conference is focusing less on the mountain and more on the west, and no longer is proclaiming itself to be above the rest.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• MWC just lost their 3 best programs; Utah, BYU & TCU. Your time just passed.

Comment

• I imagine there is much rejoicing among the Vols that used to frequent Worldcrossing today. Tennessee AD Mike Hamilton has resigned...

Tennessee athletics director Mike Hamilton announced Tuesday he decided to resign so the Volunteers would have a "clean slate" when they go before the NCAA's Committee on Infractions later in the week.

Comment

• AlbertBreer Albert Breer
                      RT @TheOlentangy Colt McCoy's wife, on national radio, said poor Texas players often take benefits from Texas boosters. Have fun, Longhorns.
                      9 minutes ago

LMAO

Comment

• http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/07/thanks-to-colt-mccoys-wife-texas-may-be-next-on-ncaas-radar/ Thanks to Colt McCoy’s wife, Texas may be next on NCAA’s radar Posted by Ben Kercheval on June 7, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT And it just keeps on coming.ust when you think this whole college football situation involving impermissible benefits couldn’t possibly take any more twists and turns, the wife of a Texas Longhorns football legend goes and makes an impromptu call to a national radio show. And, in the process, may have squarely placed her husband’s alma mater in the crosshairs of the NCAA. Speaking on Colin Cowherd‘s ESPN radio show Tuesday afternoon, Rachel McCoy, wife of former UT and current Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy, went on the record, and probably accidentally, leaked information that certain, unnamed players at Texas may have willingly received impermissible benefits while attending the university. Below is a transcript of McCoy’s rant: “Regularly it’s just dinner. People in Texas are just being friendly, they don’t mean anything by it at all. They don’t realize realize most of the time it’s a violation. At Texas you’re taught to take absolutely nothing, I don’t care if it’s a hot dog or soda. “But you’ve got guys, grown adult men with law degrees –educated men –what are they going to gain out of this? It’s to say, ‘Hey, I bought so and so dinner, hey I took so and so to do this’ … It’s grown men and their pride. “You cannot expect 19-20 year old kids to say no to free stuff when they’re in college … It’s hard, I think, for a lot of these guys to even know to say, ‘I can take this, I can’t take this, nobody’s going to know, will someone find out?’ Things that could be handed to you that seem so minor –a dinner, a hunt, a fishing trip –most kids don’t even realize are illegal. “I know Colt was approached quite a bit [by agents] but I saw so manyof his teammates who didn’t have some of that self control to say no to somebody … it’s hard, because you have adults who you respect and who you think will know what’s right and wrong … when you have adults promising things and offering things … McCoy later responded with this tweet: “Great point @ESPN_Colin to hold “grown ADULT boosters accountable in all this NCAA violation stuff. “Quit being leeches” AGREED!!“ The validity of McCoy’s comments are still yet to be determined, but there’s no doubtthis could prompt the NCAA to pull the ‘ol “Well, we’ll just have a quick look”. And, as in most cases involving the NCAA, they won’t leave until they find something.

Comment

• bizarre proposed change to football

Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• lol at Colt's wife...jeez. And she wasn't even a guest on the show, she just randomly called in to say that

Comment

• It sounds so strange. It sounds so sacrilegious. It sounds so ... so ... awesome

No it doesn't. It sounds idiotic. Ok, I'm not officially glad we didn't get this moron as our coach. Get rid of all kickoffs? Replace on-sides kicks with 4th and 15 plays?

Whatever. Maybe we should go 7-on-7 too. I bet that would reduce injuries as well.

Comment

• I'd much rather see them get rid of the extra point before eliminating kickoffs. Extra points are really fucking boring, even at the college level where game are occasionally decided by them. Just make a TD an automatic 7 and give the team the option of risking that one point by going for two.

Comment

Working...
                                X