No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA defensive back Marcus Rios will miss at least six months, and possibly the entire 2013 season, because of a fungus infection in his sinus area.

Rios, a freshman last season, has undergone six surgeries to remove the infection since last October. He will undergo another surgery in the next two weeks.

?It started as a sinus infection last October,? Rios said. ?Then they found the fungus infection behind my eye and beneath my brain.?

Rios said that ?it?s very rare. Only 12 people have ever had it and eight of them have died. Two others recovered and then died later.?

Rios spent much of the off-season in and out of hospitals. He is currently taking antibiotics through a peripherally inserted central catheter, or PICC, line in his arm.

Rios, who played at Elk Grove Oaks High, entered spring practice on top of the depth chart at one cornerback spot.

?I can?t do any running because of the PICC line,? Rios said. ?Now they need me to do another surgery.

Coach Jim Mora said Rios ?will be out six months.? Rios said, ?I?m probably out for the season."

Post Extras:
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Interesting article about the weekend in sports..

Comment

• Originally posted by DennisT View Post
        90% of the posts in this forum are half baked.

Course Stan hasn't been around for a while so make that 75%.
        In which case we collectively could perhaps do a better job than Delaney. I'm sure the lot of us would find it simple to work out a power-sharing agreement.

Comment

• Just channeling Yogi Berra there.

Comment

• Posting is half typing, half thinking and half knee-jerk bullshit.

Comment

• IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!

Comment

• Texas A&M football stormed into the national consciousness during the 2012 season with a new conference, a new coach and a new Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback. Soon, the Aggies will have a bigger, better, newer Kyle Field to call home.

Very odd... A&M doesn't sell out now

Comment

• Apparently having a bigger stadium than Texas is important to them...

I don't get why this HUGE project isn't done in two phases, it's a massive project and I'm unsure they'll actually fill this place after the first couple seasons.

Comment

• Especially after "jonny football" leaves. I mean, after that, they'll still be just Texas A&M ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      Apparently having a bigger stadium than Texas is important to them...

I don't get why this HUGE project isn't done in two phases, it's a massive project and I'm unsure they'll actually fill this place after the first couple seasons.

their first SEC game vs Arkansas had almost 10,000 empty seats.. this year.

Comment

• SEC network said to possibly net $400Million profit.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• $400 million in revenue, not profit. And that number is total speculation at this point. It's also almost double the revenue of the BTN

Comment

• Uni regulations:

Comment

• Looks as if chip ran for nothing. Have fun in the nfl.

The page you're looking for may have been changed, moved or mysteriously gone missing

Comment

• ............ but this just goes to show what can happen if you own up to the violations, openly admit them and cooperate with the NCAA as they investigate the program.

No, what this shows is how utterly incapable the NCAA is of enforcing its own rules and meeting out penalties that will stop the underhanded, seedy conduct that characterizes CFB recruiting.

And let me be clear. I tend to agree that the kids on the field should not suffer punishment for acts they had nothing to do with. If Kelley had anything to do with authorizing payments from the school that ended up in the hands of a recruit, and most think he did, substantial fines in the order of 100s of thousands of dollars, bans from coaching at NCAA institutions for a period and obtaining agreements with the NFL that college coaches involved in rule breaking at the NCAA level cannot flee to the NFL.

It is becoming increasingly evident that head CFB coaches and selected staff are the principal transgressors in major recruiting violations that unfairly advantage teams in gaining elite high school football players. Start hammering them and not the programs and you'll get behavior change.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X