No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon was on a few 'lists' in DC back in the 60's.... :-)
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I can't stop laughing...

==========

Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Johnny Manziel of No. 7 Texas A&M has been suspended for the first half of Saturday's season opener against the Rice Owls, a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy on Wednesday afternoon.

An agreement has been reached between the NCAA and Texas A&M that a source told ESPN's McMurphy closes the book on Manziel's recent issues.

The NCAA has acknowledged Manziel did not receive money for signing autographs, the source said.

The NCAA had been investigating whether Manziel was paid for autographs, a potential violation of amateurism rules that could threaten his eligibility.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That'll teach him!
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think he should appeal. Maybe get the suspension reduced to the second half of the first quarter (so he still starts). Should explain that his horrific environment, his poverty stricken upbringing and all the childhood abuse is a mitigating factor and should be taken into account. Sobbing, flailing and wailing, he should throw himself upon the mercy of the (NCAA) court. What a travesty this whole episode is. Why, no one will want to be a self centered athlete anymore. What will kids do for heroes?
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• NCAA should have agreed to a half-game suspension, with them picking which half.

That being the second one against Alabama.

Comment

• The selective enforcement is absurd. The NCAA has been combing records for years trying to nail Miami to the wall, they STILL haven't issued a decision, yet after a couple weeks of googling "Manziel autograph signings" they've concluded that there's no evidence to find and that as a compromise, Johnny must sit the first half of the Rice game.

Pathetic.

Comment

• When the NCAA collapses, which it will, I'd just as soon the SEC became a semi pro league and the b1g go its own way.

Comment

• LMAO. Buckeye fans complaining about lax enforcement and poor investigating.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                    When the NCAA collapses, which it will, I'd just as soon the SEC became a semi pro league and the b1g go its own way.
                    I'd rather see the B1G simply adopt the same behaviors and standards. It's not like we're lacking the wealthy alumni who love football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      LMAO. Buckeye fans complaining about lax enforcement and poor investigating.
                      Whatever. We served a postseason ban and one of the best coaches of the past decade was effectively banned from the sport. No real punishments were laid down? Uh, no

Comment

• I know what you are saying Hanni, but I like COLLEGE football and the NFL serves most of my pro needs.

Comment

• EFZ.

Comment

• Dez Bryant-college career over

Terrelle Pryor-college career over (5-game suspension)

USC-2-year bowl ban, scholarship limitations

Auburn-no penalty

Texas A&M-Manziel sits out 2 quarters vs. Rice (mutually agreed by school and NCAA)

Why would the SEC be in favor of having a governing body other than the NCAA?

Comment

• Ent- don't forget about the marine that played some pickup games while stationed in a war zone.

Comment

• how could I forget

Comment

Working...
                                X