No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s an old saying asserting that, if you don’t know who “that guy” in the room is, it’s probably you. It’s meant to suggest that, while the mob can be an ignorant, persnickety, even toxic bunch…

Jordan Burchette ‏@jordanburchette 20h20 hours ago
    Congratulations on getting my follow-up story about SEC bias killed, @ESPN! Read it before Disney buys the Internet

damn
    Last edited by entropy; December 2, 2014, 07:48 AM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Apparently entropy doesn't care about helping his forum community here avoid mental trauma, but I do. Here's the warning he didn't provide: The opening image is a VERY LARGE photoshop of Fowler's head on the body of an LSU cheerleader. You will want to either never see it or unsee it. I highly recommend that everyone save for OP click, hit page down, and only then open your eyes.

Comment

• Another good article from that guy. I think his point about the bitching and moaning from Tuberville and UFM about ESPN controlling the title game is a very good one. As is, of course, ESPN's "coverage" of the NHL. If you accept that ESPN (and any other comparable) accounts for its prevalent business interests, then it's simply a matter of following the money. I can't imagine many who wouldn't accept that basic premise other than, say, AA.

The outcome of the FOX-ESPN bidding war for 1st tier B10 rights will be fascinating.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings on who I'd prefer.

Comment

• Fox in a heartbeat. Absolutely no contest.

Comment

• You know, who I actually feel has the best sports broadcasts is CBS. At least on my tvs they have the best picture. The CBS sports app blows ESPN's out of the water IMO

Comment

• I've seen no evidence that proves ESPN makes more money when Corso and Herbstreit (et al) give positive opinions on the SEC. And, further, I do not believe that those talking heads are given a mandate to promote the SEC. If they have been, people like Kanell, Galloway, and Holtz on occasion have missed the memo.

I find the teeth-gnashing and hand-wringing over the "OMG! SEC BIAS!" hilarious, though. We are your lords. You are our serfs. We are the king of all media (sorry, Howard), and we will tell you when, where, how, and who you will root for.

Now, bring me the finest of meats and cheeses!
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AlabamAlum also fervently maintains that the Sun orbits the Earth and won't get on a boat for fear of falling off the planet. Whether his tomfoolery, moronic stubbonery and general hygenic ambivalence owe more to his Cajun upbringing or Scottish descent is anyone's guess as both are remarkably credible bases therefor. Fortunately, I need not parse the root of his failure as a member of our species. It's enough to shudder at and condemn his feral existence.
                  Last edited by iam416; December 2, 2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• heh

Comment

• Heh. Nice.

Also, SEC! SEC! SEC!
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What's so funny is the B1G brotherhood here. Whereas, I would cheer against Auburn if they were playing Osama bin Laden University, with the corpse of Hitler as head coach and reanimated Stalin as QB, throwing long bombs to the wirey and elusive Pol Pot.

Comment

• AA... don't mistake SEC bashing for liking OSU... I just hate you more. =)

Comment

• Understandable. We are your lords.

3>2.

Comment

• If Auburn played N? Go Corn People.

Comment

• Stalin was a forshit QB. The Bausermann of the Soviet Union. Only if you said as much you ended up deader than fried chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X