X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rest of CF

Aggies have a horrible run defense...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The Rest of CF

WBB beats #9 Duke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gashball.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• An AP story late yesterday reported that there's a snag in UF's plan to get CSU's Jim McElwain ..... the $7.5m buyout which CSU won't budge on.

What's interesting to me is that there were dozens of tweets in the last 48h proclaiming done deal, meeting with team to tell players he's moving to Florida, etc.

There are lessons here. (1) This stuff is complicated. (2) With regard to M's search. You can ignore everything you here, esp. tweets. None of that sourcing, I don't care who is the named source, is going to be accurate.

It's really disturbing that Sports writers, looking for a scoop, get anything resembling smoke and publish it via Twitter without the least bit of concern, it seems, to properly vetting the information.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "It's really disturbing that Sports writers, looking for a scoop, get anything resembling smoke and publish it via Twitter without the least bit of concern, it seems, to properly vetting the information."

Sort of like many posters here.

Comment

• I would still bet on McElwain ending up at Florida against the field. The $7.5M buyout is nothing new and was always going to be an issue. It's not an insurmountable issue, though. So, I wouldn't exactly call this reporting wildly off-base. It's been basically entirely correct: Florida wants McElwain; McElwain has a huge buyout; gotta resolve the buyout issue.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sure ..... my point was disregard Twitter.

Made a post in Hoke's Replacement thread to that point regarding two posts in the last 24h, one from Tom Beaver, affiliated with Scout, and one from Sam Webb, also affiliated with Scout saying opposite things about the Harbaugh deal.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I completely agree, Stan. This forum pretty much the same thing as twitter.

Comment

• Long form twitter. So it's like Facebook.

Comment

• Twitter tells me: "The buyout issues have been resolved, and Florida is expected to announce Jim McElwain as its coach later today."

Should I trust it. Heh.

Comment

• not to defend Jeff.. but there is a difference between fan speculation and professional writers/sportscasters.. they should have a standard

Comment

• Why are you so quick to leap to Buchanan's defense, Entropy? WHY??!!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                            not to defend Jeff.. but there is a difference between fan speculation and professional writers/sportscasters.. they should have a standard
                            Fan speculation is far more accurate and entertaining than the so-called pros. Look no further than Drew Sharp or Igor Maisal (or however you spell that schmuck's name). Those hacks' (not our Hack) purpose in life is to spew tripe in order to generate eyeballs on sites/papers. Accuracy does not enter the equation. Fans may also spew, but at least mindless tripe is not a career path.
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The Rest of CF

So csu agrees to a $2m way game in the future as part of the buy out package. Why didn't they demand a home at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• They may be whores but they ain't good lookin'.

Comment

Working...
                                X