No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd give Sparty as good a chance as anybody to win it all. I don't think Clemson has been properly tested and this isn't AJ McCarron/Julio Jones/Mark Ingram Alabama. If the playoff is MSU, OU, Bama and Clemson, I'd put MSU and OU close to 30% probability on winning it and Bama/ Clemson closer to 20%.

Comment

• No one wants to play OSU! No one can beat Ohio State when they play Ohio State football!

Meh, whatever. Bama is entirely beatable.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'd give OSU a better chance than anyone. Alas, you guys fucked your own face against Sparty.

Comment

• At some point, Clemson will have a "Clemsoning" point... Meaning they won't win it all.

It's Clemsoning.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That's a cute little thing going around, but they're loaded this year more than ever.

Comment

• No one can beat Ohio State when they play Ohio State football!
              I agree Talent. The best team I've seen this year is OSU, and I don't think it is that close.

And while watching the state finals, one thing was obvious. Having been there and having won, matters a lot. It would with OSU too at the college level.

I honestly think the reason we have a committee is that "the body of work". OSU is a 1 loss team, but that one loss was to MSU. If you have a similar loss early in the season, no problem. I thought that was what the committee was supposed to correct.

Why couldn't OSU get up to play MSU at home on their Senior Day? it just makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                They want Kirby Smart badly... He just may finally be ready to leave Saban

Done deal
                Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Early losses matter less... Late wins matter more. Committee is just another poll

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                    Early losses matter less... Late wins matter more. Committee is just another poll

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Yep. You just watch...they'll wind up in the same situation as last year, doing last-minute contortions to correct their thought process.

Comment

• Bama isn't as dominant as they were a few years ago.

Comment

• I was actually mocking Jesse Palmer who used to say -- maybe 2 years ago -- that "nobody can beat Stanford when they play Stanford football." When they lost it was because they "didn't play Stanford football."

Losses matter if they prevent you from getting to the CCG. That's the big deal. If M had managed to execute a successful punt against MSU, then OSU's loss to MSU doesn't matter -- they'd be playing Iowa and a win would put them in. Or, Ohio State could have lost to Illinois the week before they played MSU then swept MSU and M -- same deal. The MSU loss keeps OSU from that extra game and a chance to be a conference champ.

Alabama's loss would have mattered a great deal if Ole Miss managed to hold on to beat Arkansas in the 2nd flukiest ending of any CFB game this season. That one went Bama's way -- basically, everything goes Bama's way when it comes to getting a chance to play for a national title. I mean, they were able to get a rematch with LSU when they didn't win their own division....in a TWO team playoff.

But, back to my point -- OSU's loss to VT didn't cost them a chance to win the B10. Stanford's losses haven't cost them a P12 shot. UNC's loss to an atrocious SC team hasn't cost them a chance at the ACC. Ya gotta win your conference, IMO.

So, I have zero hope that OSU is in because the only scenario I see where OSU is in is if Florida beats Alabama. I'd rather spending my time talking about more plausible things like how many unicorns will fly out of hack's butt when M's dominant 5 goes for 30 and 20 for an entire season.

Comment

• Bama's offense isn't what it was with Julio or Ingram and I'm not sold on the Coker at QB, but the D is, while not at the historically dominant 2011 level, very very good.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• If UNC wins 59-0 over Clemson, like OSU did over the favored Badgers last season, maybe there should be some discussion to put UNC in....
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• That would be very uncomfortable, but probably worth it. No more than 3 though. Let me see what OP's advice would be.

Comment

• Bama's offense isn't what it was with Julio or Ingram and I'm not sold on the Coker at QB, but the D is, while not at the historically dominant 2011 level, very very good.
                                I think this is right. That said, I'm really not overly impressed with anyone they've played. This is a fairly "average" Alabama team. And while I like the defense, the Ole Miss game is enough to give me concern -- granted, there was a fluke TD in that one, but Ole Miss moved the ball well. And I don't think the Rebs' offense is any better than Oklahoma's or Clemson's.

I still think you can move the ball when you attack Bama with a spread. You have zero chance, IMO, when you rely on power out of the "I" -- even if you have Fournette. MSU and Iowa would both have trouble with Bama, but I think MSU could match up reasonably well. MSU has a legit hellraiser DL that can match Bama's OL. I think they could force Bama to throw. And Connor Cook is really good and he has enough in his WRs to test anyone.

I think Clemson is way overrated -- they made their jump when they blasted Miami because OMG!!! who blasts Miami in front of 1700 people in Ft. Lauderdale!!! They were, IMO, outplayed by ND at home. They were pushed to the brink by an FSU team without a functioning QB...at home. I just don't see Clemson beat two good teams in the CFP. I'm also way dubious of OU. They're a week removed from having to stop a 2pt conversion to beat TCU.....with Boykin...and basically every other good player on that team. I credit OU with beating Baylor's 2nd team QB, but that's it. That's their only good win (Okie State is a fucking joke).

If it were Clemson-MSU and Bama-Sooners, I'd pick MSU-Bama all day every day.

I'd also pick OSU over Clemson and OU, but that's my own personal sob story.

Comment

Working...
                                X