The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    At no time was I confident in the Spartans scoring a TD.
    Then you haven't been watching your team this year.

There was never a doubt.

In fact, Ferentz goofed big time when he didn't order his defense to let them score with about 1:51 left.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No I watched the game, Iowa was compared to the 2013 Spartans defensively and that was correct. That D is amazing. A 21 play drive, it was crazy.

Comment

• If I were picking the playoff, as much as I hate to say this, I'd take them in this order:

1) Clemson

2) Alabama

3) Michigan State

4) Ohio State

I think Ohio State's defense is better than Oklahoma's, and I know Ohio State's loss is better than Oklahoma's. I think OU is getting a lot of credit for beating TCU and Baylor teams that weren't nearly what they were expected to be when OU played them, and Oklahoma still nearly lost to TCU. If Ohio State had lost to Michigan State a month earlier(with everything else working out the way it did), I think there would be much more controversy over this than I think there will be.

Comment

• Great football game. Finally.

OU is massively overrated.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It doesn't matter.

Nobody is beating Sparty.

Comment

• They'll be talking about that drive for years.

Comment

• If MSU is a 4 seed, they likely play Clemson in Miami (Orange Bowl).
                3 seed, vs Bama in Texas.
                Maybe the committee swaps Bama and Clemson. I think Clemson should still be #1.

I like MSU's chance vs Bama if any. MSU has a great front 7. If you limit Henry, Coker isn't the best of QBs.
                Connor Cook gives MSU a chance vs the Bama secondary. You probably won't be able to run on them.
                Cook also has 4 weeks to heal his shoulder. He might have been sore at the end of the game based on their play calling.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Cook's shoulder has to heal up. He looked like Frank Tanana out there on some of those throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    In fact, Ferentz goofed big time when he didn't order his defense to let them score with about 1:51 left.
                    Iowa should've let them score if they were only up 2, but you can't concede the TD up 4. Make 'em earn it, especially since you hadn't given up a TD in 58+ mins. If anything, Ferentz shouldn't have wasted all three TO's with about 2 1/2 -3 mins left.

Sure looked like forward progress was stopped on the last TD run; another early Xmas gift.
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I was rooting for Iowa, but the Spartans deserve that one. Great game, and the best team won.

Comment

• 1st round

Clemson v MSU = No guessing here. MSU wins.
                        Bama v Oklahoma = Bama wins a close one in Texas.

National Championship

MSU v Bama = MSU finishes the luckiest season ever recorded in football history by defeating their former coach for the national title.

It can't go any other way. Bet your house, car, wife, kids, girlfriend's diaphragm, .. whatever. Sparty is winning the NC.

Comment

• Did Dantonio just say that he feels that MSU "has God's favor"????

... oh my ...

Comment

• I think the Heisman race is getting more interesting...
                            Derrick Henry vs Christian McCaffrey.

Henry has the edge with rushing yards and rushing TDs, but McCaffrey just broke Barry Sanders' all-purpose yard record.
                            Both are great RBs. My problem is Alabama will always have RBs put up great stats because of how elite their coaching and o-line is. Yes, the RBs are good by themselves. They do get A LOT of help by the environment around them.
                            Coffee, Ingram, Richardson, Yeldon, and now Henry.
                            McCaffrey makes an impact everywhere. Rushing, receiving, and returning. He is the Stanford offense.
                            However, PAC12 defenses kind of suck.

Tough call.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Frank Tanana. LOL.

I thought it was obvious they were gonna end that drive with a TD. Iowa was gassed.

Comment

• I want to thank you Michigan for gifting us the opportunity this year and also for the 2013 Big 10 as well
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X