No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aranda to LSU? Keep your good coaches away from LSU, please.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Same old story...SEC schools willing to pay top dollar for assistants but the Big10 (other than OSU & Michigan) plays it cheap. Alvarez supposedly one of the biggest tightwads in spite of that athletic dept making a shitload of money

Comment

• Maybe Alvarez thinks that Wisconsin has "arrived" as a B1G "power", and that should be enough to make top assistants want to stay. I've heard those Rose Bowl wins can be quite intoxicating.

But seriously, when other B1G programs complain about the dominance of OSU and Michigan, cases like this show what's really important to them. Its the money. They have no problem cashing the checks that OSU and Michigan have brought in over the years for their numerous bowl appearances. And also, consider that most of the TV money that is being raked in by the conference, is due to the popularity of Michigan and OSU. I mean, how many people want to be sure they have the Big Ten Network on their cable system, because they want to see Purdue?

This is why we need a resurgence of both Nebraska and Penn State. They both have large and loyal fan bases, and can draw big numbers nationally when they appear on the big stage in the post season.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Alvarez said something like "I want coaches who WANT to be here". Which really means "I want coaches who'll work for below-market salary out of loyalty to the school".

Meanwhile Alvarez is the HIGHEST PAID athletic director in the Big10, or at least was as of a couple years ago.

Shawn Eichorst isn't the highest-profile athletic director in the Big Ten. While Nebraska fans are a pretty sharp bunch, I bet some would have a hard time picking out Eichorst in a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Same old story...SEC schools willing to pay top dollar for assistants but the Big10 (other than OSU & Michigan) plays it cheap. Alvarez supposedly one of the biggest tightwads in spite of that athletic dept making a shitload of money
            Agree on the pay, but really...would it take a huge pay raise to draw you to LSU from Wisco? Besides the notions of having better toys and playing for NCs, being a successful DC at LSU is probably a direct path to being HC at a major school. No treacherous stepping-stone stops at Fresno or UConn.

Comment

• Alvarez is satisfied to be The Man in Madison and win the occasional B1G West Division. Bo Schembechler had the same attitude about having coaches "who want to be here," but those days are long gone. Good assistants get paid nowadays. Even a guy like Greg Mattison, who is over 65 and not looking to go anywhere, is handsomely paid.

Aranda goes to LSU:

Watch FOX Sports and view live scores, odds, team news, player news, streams, videos, stats, standings & schedules covering NFL, MLB, NASCAR, WWE, NBA, NHL, college sports & more!
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Alvarez is not a good AD.

Comment

• Wisky seems to be doing well in many sports... I'm not sure how you'd define good without looking at on the field results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Brett B appears to have found a favorite restaurant or two...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• His stripper wife is probably encouraging him to eat himself to death so she can get paid and not have him on top of her anymore!

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 2, 2016, 06:18 PM.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The Big12 is having a bowl season that reflects these numbers

Comment

• Every game seems to be non competitive. Is it just dumb luck? It seems some of these teams want go play more than others. I wouldn't want to play Oregon right now. That's for sure.

Comment

• Ha, TCU somehow came back, but I'm guessing that game lost some viewers after the 31-0 Oregon lead at the half.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Biggest comeback in bowl history

Comment

• Last game of the year (NC Excluding) is worth watching, especially if you don't like defense.

West Virginia 36/ ASU 32 - end of the 3rd

Comment

Working...
                                X