No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point taken ...... No need to respond.

I'm sick of the NCAA and the bums that run it. As a governing body, they do little that is good and a whole lot that is not good. I really don't care about Harbaugh's involvement in precipitating the ban nor do I care about the folly that was the SEC's effort to protect their turf.

I just see this kind of stupidity - the ban - emanating from the NCAA as potential fuel for the fire of reorganizing the governance of collegiate athletics in some meaningful way. That idea is out there. I'd like to see some serious movement on that effort.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Everything explained about the NCAA and satellite camps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        I just see this kind of stupidity - the ban - emanating from the NCAA as potential fuel for the fire of reorganizing the governance of collegiate athletics in some meaningful way. That idea is out there. I'd like to see some serious movement on that effort.
        College football has gotten so big, that maybe the best thing would be for it to be governed separately from other college sports.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Regulatory capture is hard to eradicate.

Comment

• But the NCAA does not control the Div 1 FBS football championship. That's how the P5 could pry themselves away from the NCAA.

Comment

• I don't think they want to do that. College football is set up to play 3 to 4 jobbers a year..

Comment

• Will EMU drop football some day?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• One of the biggest problems for EMU is their proximity to Ann Arbor. Their campus is literally 8 miles from the Big House. People drive thru and past EMU to get to the games in Ann Arbor.

Its sad in a way, because EMU sank a lot of money into Rynearson Stadium, and as a facility, its not a bad place. They just can't get people there, and their teams consistently suck.

I think they need to take a step back into Division II. If they get competitive again at that level, then reconsider the jump back to Division I. I'm sure the MAC could find a team to replace them.

Comment

• Would the MAC take them back is the question.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• They probably would, if Eastern could show improvement in Football, especially competitively, and attendance-wise.

Last I heard, you could see a Eastern game for 5 bucks, general admission, sit anywhere. They still can't get good crowds. I've seen HS games that cost more than that for admission.

Comment

• That's crazy! I went there from 2010 to 2015 and never went to a game.

Comment

• They even tried to sell beer at games last year but sold so little beer that they lost money on that as well. If you can't make money selling beer at a football game, it might be time to call it quits.

Comment

• I'm in favor of half the Sun Belt, MAC and MWC going to Div II.

Make 20k attendance the minimum over a lengthy (12 years) period or you're relegated.

Comment

• EMU's attendance is routinely the worst in the MAC.

Ball State's is pretty low as well. Akron does badly despite having one of the MAC"s best and newest stadiums.

Comment

• I think you'll see more programs consider moving down. Football is very expensive to support at the Div1 level. Better to compete at Div II or Div IAA (FCS) than be a nobody at Div 1.

I also wonder, with Title IX, if football is actually worth it for many schools.. Many Olympic sports were dropped by Div 1 programs. They are also cheaper to operate.
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X