No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if some of the MAC teams drop down if some of the weaker Big Ten teams would drop down to the MAC.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I doubt many Big10 teams are spending $20 Million more than they take in as revenue, like Eastern Michigan is, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
        I wonder if some of the MAC teams drop down if some of the weaker Big Ten teams would drop down to the MAC.

Naaaaa.....Michigan should stay right where they are...

:::runs:::
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shaddup
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Heh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wiz: I fart in your general direction.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Stop flirting, you 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                  I wonder if some of the MAC teams drop down if some of the weaker Big Ten teams would drop down to the MAC.
                  With the recent Big Ten football tv deal, no big ten team is going anywhere voluntarily.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• In the words of Thurston Howell III....

...mula, mula, mula...

Liney:

hello
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It is a big deal for any team to drop football or leave division 1. Eastern maybe should, it isn't working and hasn't been working. Most unsuccessful colleges are going to tough it out, it is a prestige thing. Your university is looked in a different light if it has a football team. Football in many ways is used as an advertising vehicle for the school.

Comment

• Dropping to FCS probably doesn't save all that much money....63 ships vs 85. Infrastructure costs are unchanged.

Comment

• Not sure...it looks like North Dakota State spent $22M on athletics to EMU's $33M last year.

Comment

• Bowling Green spent $21M as an FBS school.

I think its easier to maintain lower infrastructure costs than to cut them. The scholarship and athlete-support budget is fairly small compared to the whole, and thus doesn't offer much savings.
                            Last edited by Wild Hoss; April 26, 2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Wiz: Hi!

Its nice to see that you and the missus still enjoy heading out for a night on the town ....

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports...e53627180.html

Here is a timely article on U of Idaho's consideration of dropping to FCS.

Interesting to note that the article states that its never been done before, whereas programs have generally chosen to close down their football programs.

Comment

Working...
                                X