No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your efforts were laudable. Your modest error entirely understandable. However, your confession ends what could have been a week-long quintessentially myopic, grating internet argument. You're therefore adjudged an imbecile and sentenced to 5 months "hard" labor on The Wizard's Ogallala alpaca farm.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The fact of the matter is that is unsubstantiated gossip. It's what losers do. We can be certain that there are rogue boosters with every program, but absent a NC being stripped, or crippling sanctions afterwards, talk of "YOU CHEATED" smacks of envy.

Or, we can promote gossip on everyone who wins. Some teams you have to go back decades to do so, however:

"Michigan cheated to win that half championship in 1997! It was the Fab Five of football!"

"Dr. Tom personally injected steroids in Husker players, was a pedophile, AND bought players to win that half championships in 1997!"
      Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 6, 2016, 10:15 AM.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• God, I've missed this....

Every since I was banned for the Tennessee board, I've needed baby seals to club. More blood for the Blood God. More...
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Meh.. that's easy. I'm just happy you didn't say "go visit Cleveland". That would have been cruel.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• We can be certain that there are rogue boosters with every program
            The So Every Cheats argument.. And I never thought Michigan cheated when they shared the title in 97.

The last program to land 5 star after 5 star after 5 star at the same positions was caught playing players. I'm certain that would be the norm for any school..

This isn't a bama won a couple in a row with a great core set of players. I do believe the money handler article from a few years ago was the truth. I do believe guys are getting benefits to sit on the bench instead of playing right away at other schools. And no, I don't believe bama is the only one. But my list is basically the certain teams in the SEC plus Baylor.
            Last edited by entropy; July 6, 2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• kids will be kids

Comment

• lol, so if you recruit well, and another team cheated, you must be, too? Heck, we could just put the top schools in recruiting on probation, right? At least Nebraska would be safe.

Of the three kids' pics you posted, which are the Bama players? Hint, not all, and it's the same money in each. Want to know where the money came from?

Comment

• And money handler article? Oh, dear god....lmao.

Comment

• bama fans sound like Clinton supporters..

Comment

• no.. teams can recruit well and not cheat. I clearly didn't say that.

Comment

• And the SEC plus Baylor? Heh.

People paid to come and sit on the bench is the silliest thing I have heard in a while. We have a ton of players who leave who don't get PT. looks like those guys would have stayed or blown the whistle when they left.

Comment

• I never said the entire SEC either... interesting on what you think you read.

Comment

• Meh.. that's easy. I'm just happy you didn't say "go visit Cleveland". That would have been cruel.
                            True, but even Cleveland has won more than Nebraska in this millenium.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              True, but even Cleveland has won more than Nebraska in this millenium.

I hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                                no.. teams can recruit well and not cheat. I clearly didn't say that.
                                Yes, I know...no one cheats but the SEC ...and Baylor (lol).

It's unsupported conjecture. It makes you look silly. And it works into a nice circular conspiracy: "Saban cheats! I don't need proof, I just know! Why no sanctions for him? Because he has the NCAA in his pocket (or a variation of the NCAA doesn't care), and players are too scared to come forward!"

Comment

Working...
                                X