No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll put them on the next donkey out of Columbus...same route as my 6 beers.

Comment

• I dunno, Oracle.

Seeing some of the roads I've driven on in Ohio, the donkey may be faster than a motorized vehicle ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...07-column.html

Bielema's thoughts on the cancelled games

Pork Chop went 3-9, 7-6 & 8-5 his first 3 years at Arkansas, I highly doubt he's beating anyone.

To free up Saturdays in 2018 and 2019, Michigan will exercise a buyout and pay Arkansas $2 million, according to Sports Illustrated.

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema learned of the news Thursday while vacationing at Dairy Queen, and he was bummed. The former Wisconsin coach wanted a crack at the Wolverines and Jim Harbaugh.

“I’m definitely disappointed,” Bielema told the Tribune. “It was going to be an opportunity to play one of my favorite teams from the Big Ten.”

Last edited by Prime2; July 7, 2016, 03:09 PM.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Bielema taking it for granted that he'll even be there in 2018-19...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Absolutely attrocious. First game is in ND in 2018. Right back to ND/MSU/OSU all on the road/home in the same year. All we did was pay $2 mil to go right back to the stupid ass schedule we had before.
            You still have Nebraska, Penn State, and Wisconsin all at home in 2018. The way the previous schedule was set up, you would have had 6 road games in 2019...

Comment

• Got my Bama-USC tickets in the mail yesterday. I wish this game were in Atlanta, or Nashville, or Chicago ...or anywhere but Dallas. Not a huge fan of the city.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A RB committed to FSU... By driving a Lamborghini...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Got my Bama-USC tickets in the mail yesterday. I wish this game were in Atlanta, or Nashville, or Chicago ...or anywhere but Dallas. Not a huge fan of the city.
                  Nice. I heard these two teams were opening against each other last fall and got excited.

I expect Bama to win because of a superior coaching advantage. It's almost like a revenge game for Lane Kiffin.
                  USC's talent shouldn't be overlooked. Top 2 "5-year" recruiting ranking and return a lot of starters.
                  The Trojans' post-Pete Carroll years are looking like what Bama went through after the end of Bear Bryant's reign. Hey, those two schools play in a few weeks.

If Max Browne plays up to his high school ranking, USC could be a playoff contender. That's a big and improbable if, but there is a lot of uncertainty.
                  Juju Smith-Schuster and Adoree Jackson. Watch out.

But again, I doubt that coaching staff is going to be any good at developing its players like Saban, Harbaugh, & Meyer...
                  Bama wins 31-16.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I hope so. As you say, USC has a ton of talent and we lost a ton of starters. The ones who take their place are very talented, but very young.

If we played USC later in the year, I like us by dpuble digits. Playing this game one will be much closer.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Got my Bama-USC tickets in the mail yesterday. I wish this game were in Atlanta, or Nashville, or Chicago ...or anywhere but Dallas. Not a huge fan of the city.
                      Your desired location for this game is of no concern to The Nick.

Also Atlanta or Nashville would've been such 'neutral' sites for this game...heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Your desired location for this game is of no concern to The Nick.

Also Atlanta or Nashville would've been such 'neutral' sites for this game...heh

Denver, San Fran, Glendale, wherever, then. Location is extremely overrated for a premiere football team's performance when playing another premiere team. Now, if you are playing a team that doesn't have a large fanbase that will travel, yeah, you get a mild homefield.

With USC, Bama, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, and several others? Doesn't really matter.

Comment

• So, yeah. Schedule Bama-USC in Denver and I woulda been thrilled. Glendale would be okay, too (even though it's a shitberg) because you can stay in Vegas and ride a shuttle.

Comment

• Bama playing in Atlanta will always have a large crowd advantage except against a very small handful of teams, like Clemson. Most Bama fans are what? Within a 3 hour drive? It's not genuinely neutral and it's not the fault of the fans when it's significantly harder for one group to get there. Likewise, I'd expect Michigan fans to largely outnumber Bama ones if they played a game in Chicago and wouldn't exactly consider that 'neutral' either.

Anyways the Nick isn't interested in recruiting Colorado or California really so he's ordered the AD to schedule no neutral games there. Also ordered the BOT to destroy UAB football, from what I've heard.

Comment

• I hated Jerry's House and visited when M and freaking RichRod, faced The Nick and Bama.

The Stadium is in a shitty location. We tailgated on the edge of a vast, asphalt parking lot where there was about 18 inches of dead grass in wilting August heat.

Once inside, there was absolutely no feel for a college game. It was nothing more than two big name teams, one of them not very good at all, playing football ...... NFL character. But, at the time, a lot of ADs, including DB - in fact, mostly Dave Brandon, were overtly pushing the "NFL Experience."

Well, that flopped big time and Diamond Dave got canned following the uproar about such antics and student protests out side his office saying such things as, "hey, Dave, this is college football, get it?"

Anyway, I think this kind of thing - playing in NFL venues - will continue because it means mega- $$$$ for all the suits involved.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DSL,

No. It hasn't been that way. First, most of these venues keep 10-20% of the tickets for locals and VIPs. The ticket split is then even between the two schools.

So, each school ends up with 30k tickets or so. Premiere schools have no trouble finding that number of fans willing to travel to an easy to access city like ATL.

We have only played VaTech, Clemson, and West Virginia in ATL. Despite none of those being premiere schools, the fan attendance was pretty equal.

The same when we played Wisconsin and Michigan in Dallas and Florida State in Jacksonville.

Comment

Working...
                                X