Clear All

• Kansas is 1-0.
    Easily beat Rhode Island.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Rhode Island plays football?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        Watching some of the other teams around the country (e.g. Tejas, Clemson, Houston, Oklahoma, Alabama, OSU, FSU, ND, etc) it is striking to me what a talent disadvantage Michigan is at with the QB spot with all of the other playoff contenders. It is a big time weak spot. (Hannibal)
        Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite. Speight is accurate and professional, the others are racing around, prone to inaccuracy and mistakes. The LSU QB, for example, through a critical INT after an impressive scramble.

Comment

• Tough to say until Speight plays much, much better competition. He looked good to me.

Comment

• I still think the question of how good or bad the QB situation remains unaswered and I suspect it will remain that way until M faces a DL that's worth a crap. Maybe PSU.

First impressions tell us Speight holds the ball too long and lacks power. Remember he didn't throw deep once. OTH, that could be part of the plan. JH has a record of being very good at advantaging players by asking them to do what they do best. The combo of Speight and his receivers produce a very nice short to mid range passing game. Combine that with a pounding, hard to tackle RB like Smith and what appears to be a competent back that can cut and accelerate past defenders in Evans, who needs the deep ball. All of that said in the context of, it was Hawaii.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Rhode Island plays football?
              I know you're joking, but they have actually talked about dropping football. They are a perpetual loser in the Yankee/A-10/Colonial

Comment

• In news that may only be of interest to me, Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Mark Hudspeth fired his defensive coordinator after the Ragin' Cajuns lost their season opener to Boise State, 45-10. I cannot immediately recall another coordinator getting fired so early in a season.
                Last edited by JRB; September 6, 2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• I saw that. Does Hudspeth have a bad rep? I'm surprised he was never picked up by a bigger program.

Comment

• I know ULaLa got put on probation a while back for stuff done during Hudspeth's tenure, so that can't be helping him. I don't think he's coached much outside of the Alabama/Mississippi/Louisiana area, and the big programs in that area are big enough that they're not going to hire Lousiana-Lafayette's head coach unless he's fielding unbeaten teams, and maybe not even then. I've never read anything that suggested he's a bad guy, although I imagine his former defensive coordinator might have some hard feelings at the moment.

Comment

• 2 posts on URI and 3 posts on Lafayette. Jebus. Though, I've been to ULL. Quad is a swamp complete with gators. I wish Bezerklie and Strangelove would take longs swims in it.

Meanwhile, Bezerklie's Gobbler Death Star rolls into Bristol with bad intentions and a strong likelihood of short tracking Team Val's delusional CFP dreams. Shoes optional; Red Man not.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Vols are much more the Skoal and Copenhagen crowd. Red Man and Beechnut are pass?'.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
                          Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite. Speight is accurate and professional, the others are racing around, prone to inaccuracy and mistakes. The LSU QB, for example, through a critical INT after an impressive scramble.
                          LSU's terrible QB is somewhat of an exception. I noticed that a lot of QBs were hitting great deep balls this weekend. Especially Texas. Jeebus that freshman that they have is ridiculous. Whether or not we can develop a deep ball might determine whether we win the B1G or not. I don't think that we can without one.

Comment

• Harris hasn't been developed. It's a head scratcher. The kid has talent. LSU just doesn't get QBs ready. I don't know why, I just hope it continues.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They have gone through a few different QB coaches & OCs there, so it falls on the guy up top.

Comment

• No doubt. It's Les' issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X