No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State 62, Arizona 7, and there's still half of the fourth quarter left. I know Arizona's AD has already backed Rich Rodriguez, and that Arizona's been gutted by injuries this year, but the Wildcats are about to be 2-7, and they've lost eleven of their last fifteen. If Rich Rod isn't on the hot seat now, he's going to start next season on it.

Comment

• K-State fans are turning on Bill Synder en masse...he going down the same road that Bowden did, in staying on too long.

Comment

• Where would they be without him?

Comment

• 1-7

Comment

• Ron Prince was HC at K-State for three years before Snyder came back from retirement.
            Prince did a bad job and is now assistant head coach/ o-line coach for the Detroit Lions...
            as Detroit also has Al Golden (Miami) and Randy Edsall (Maryland/UConn) on their staff.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
              Where would they be without him?
              IDK, but they need somebody that can recruit a bit...quality players aren't going to commit to a 76-year old man, and it shows. Something like 20 walkons on their 2-deep...they don't have the talent they did 5 years ago, and nowhere close to where it was in his haydays. Only so much magic that can be worked under those circumstances.

Comment

• Like Oracle said, they'd be where Kansas is without him. I agree with your point, I hope he hangs them up but they should be grateful they've had him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                  Like Oracle said, they'd be where Kansas is without him. I agree with your point, I hope he hangs them up but they should be grateful they've had him.
                  Well, he does coach in a football stadium that is named after him...so I think their appreciation is kinda assumed. :-D

Many of them just think they aren't looking especially well-coached, and could be doing better. Five years ago I would said they were off base. Today, maybe.

Comment

• They won 9 games in '14. Who are they going to hire when he leaves?

Comment

• The Line of Succession indicates Sean Synder...Bill's son. That will be a hell of an internal battle, as most of their fans think he is a stoolie, but Bill's influence is strong. And the last time they ignored Bill they hired Cowboy Troy. That won't be forgotten.

Comment

• Undefeated teams in CFB after week 10:

Alabama
                        Michigan
                        Clemson
                        Washington
                        Western Michigan

(no change).
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Western Michigan will be battling one-loss Boise for a New Years bowl, it appears.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• One will be guaranteed a spot, possible two could be invited.

Comment

• Correct. One is guaranteed, but I'm not sure either travel very well which could factor into a second team getting the nod.

Comment

• Western would smoke Boise.

Comment

Working...
                                X