The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Time for AA to ask the Sooners fans why they have a basketball player on their uniforms? (and UNC)

Jordan Brand, Oklahoma Announce Uniform Contract

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...iform-contract

UNC I would get. I wouldn't like it, but I would get it. Find me a Sooner to poke and prod over having a UNC basketball player on an Oklahoma football uni and I will ask them.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The whole thing is weird.

Comment

• Stanford beat Washington last night.
        This was a game that most expected to be significant towards a Playoff spot two months ago. Well, it eliminates Washington from the discussion.

No PAC 12 this season.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The Sparty line is the most puzzling fucking line I've ever seen. It's still at 17 and 80% of the money is on Sparty. Ordinarily, that's a hard, hard pass for me. The books feel really, really good about OSU. But, fuck me -- I watched them play last week.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Love this stuff:

[ame="https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/929386313035472896"]https://twitter.com/SportsInsights/status/929386313035472896[/ame]

Comment

• Fade the public.

So, SEC, ACC and B12 are in, probably. Who is the 4th? IMO, Wisky is only team that controls destiny for 4th spot. But, if they lose in CG, it's almost certain a 2-loss team goes. Crazy shit.

Comment

• 2-loss teams no one wants to play: Auburn and Ohio State.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Auburn can only get in as SEC champ. So, they're not the 4th team. If they beat Alabama then it's a question of Tide vs 2-loss champs or Wisky.

If Bama wins out and OSU wins out then there WILL be a 2-loss team in CFP. Who knows which one.

Comment

• If Auburn wins, we will not get in. I bet bet my house on that.

OSU has the capability to beat any team in the nation. So does Auburn, for that matter. I think the Buckeyes are the better team, though. I would much rather face Wisconsin than OSU.

Comment

• 11-1 Alabama with their only loss to Auburn would be like Ohio St last season. Obviously Ohio St got in as a 3 seed.
                      I’d expect they would get in over 11-2 Ohio St. Ohio St has two stinkers on their r?sum?. Whereas Bama would have one good loss. Playoff committee is biased towards the SEC as most of its members are southern, anyways.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        11-1 Alabama with their only loss to Auburn would be like Ohio St last season. Obviously Ohio St got in as a 3 seed.
                        I?d expect they would get in over 11-2 Ohio St. Ohio St has two stinkers on their r?sum?. Whereas Bama would have one good loss. Playoff committee is biased towards the SEC as most of its members are southern, anyways.
                        The difference is that Ohio State's loss last year was in October. Plus, there is Bama fatigue.

No, there is NOT a bias towards the SEC with the CFP committee. In fact, there is no pure SECer.

Comment

• Ohio State has one stinker, and it's a ginormous chasm of an asshole stinker, but it's just one. Losing to Oklahoma in a game that was, I think, even at the end of 3, is not a stinker.

I think Alabama probably gets in at 11-1, but they really don't have their usual quality wins. So, I'm not 100% sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            The difference is that Ohio State's loss last year was in October. Plus, there is Bama fatigue.
                            No, there is NOT a bias towards the SEC with the CFP committee. In fact, there is no pure SECer.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.co...committee.aspx
                            Bama's loss would be the same as OSU's in 2016 ... a good loss.
                            No pure SECer as in no Alabamer, this yes. As for the committee:

1. Kirby Hocutt - a Texas guy (Texas Tech).
                            2. Frank Beamer - Virginia (Virginia Tech).
                            3. Jeff Bower - Georgia and Mississippi (Southern Mississippi).
                            4. Herb Deromedi - Pure Michigan (Central Michigan).
                            5. Chris Howard - Texas, Military, and Pennsylvania (Robert Morris).
                            6. Tom Jernstedt - Oregon (Oregon).
                            7. Bobby Johnson - Clemson, South Carolina, Vandy (Vanderbilt).
                            8. Jeff Long - Ohio, Arkansas (Arkansas).
                            9. Rob Mullens - Oregon, West Virginia (Oregon).
                            10. Dan Radokovich - Clemson, THE SOUTH, some Penn. (Clemson).
                            11. Gene Smith - Ohio State, just... Ohio (Ohio State).
                            12. Steve Wieberg - Missouri (Missouri).
                            13. Tyrone Willingham - America. This dude has been everywhere.

So 6 of the 13 are pretty much THE SOUTH. Didn't count Beamer in Virginia (ACC) or Chris Howard (raised in Texas). Perhaps not as SEC biased as I expected, but still a lot of southern roots in this committee.
                            Way to leave out the New York area or Mountain Time Zone.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't think there's any question that it's beneficial for Alabama to win out and, in the process, eliminate Auburn and Georgia.

I do think it's a closer call than last year. Remember, it's not about the losses -- it's about the wins. Last year Ohio State had tremendous wins. And, insofar as the loss matters, it was on the road in fluky fashion against a top 6 team.

Alabama can only hang their hat on LSU and Mississippi State (neither will be in top 15). Ohio State had wins over OU and M.

So, I think it's a coin flip between 11-1 Bama and 11-2 OSU, and much would depend on how well OSU played at M and against Wisconsin. And, also, whether Auburn beat Bama straight up or Kick 6'd them. The worst case scenario for OSU (and the world) is if Bama wins at Auburn and then loses to Georgia. At that point, I think you have 2 SEC teams in the CFP.

In any event, OSU's chances have gone from 0.1% if they win out to something close to 50% if they win out. Now, they're not going to win out, so it's academic.

Comment

• Also, if you re-evaluate Georgia then you reach a way different conclusion this week. Their schedule looks way more like hot fucking garbage. I mean, the SEC East IS hot fucking garbage. Their best win looks considerably more trashy. So, they have a win at ND and against Mississippi State and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X